Buses at night between Sabiha Gokcen and Ataturk airport?

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sulcon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Buses at night between Sabiha Gokcen and Ataturk airport?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Sulcon »

Hi there,
Can anyone advise me about buses between Sabiha Gokcen and Ataturk airports in Istanbul?
Do they operate through the night? I arrive at 23.00.

Can I get the ticket on board? It seems I have to change buses at Taksim. Is it easy to find the connecting bus to Ataturk? I presume they are safe as a woman on her own?

Thank you,
Sulcon

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Buses at night between Sabiha Gokcen and Ataturk airport

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Sulcon,

Here is the website for Havataş who operate the buses, you should find all the information you need there http://www.havatas.com/

It seems that the buses don't operate between 0100 and 0400 - if you arrive at Sabiha at 23:00 and it takes 1.5 hours to get to Taksim I think you may be pushing it to catch the last bus from Taksim to Ataturk at 0100.

Sulcon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Buses at night between Sabiha Gokcen and Ataturk airport

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Sulcon »

Thank you very much "Come on Aylin", I appreciate you finding the bus timetables for me.

As you say, it would mean a 3 hour wait in the middle of the night at Taksim. It seems in the past there was a direct bus transfer between the two airports, but no more.

I often take flights with Turkish Airlines, and am well used to killing time in Ataturk airport. This is the first time that they have one leg of journey into one Istanbul airport and then out of another airport. I rang the TA helpline, they were not helpful. I have decided to cancel and book another flight.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”