Going to Venice

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Going to Venice

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

We are thinking of going to Venice in March . Has anyone been ? What would you advise?

Thanks ,

Brian

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Going to Venice

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Have not been for years, but have been near by. What is it you want to do, ? How to travel? You can fly Pegasus to Italy which is great from here, or of course if going form U.K there are packages galore that will get you there, take you sightseeing etc.

Staying in Venice itself is very expensive, but 'special'. And if you wanted really inside information I know an Italian from Venice living on the island who would answer your questions (via me initially) if you wanted.

Or if you are here, why not pop into one of the travel agents who could custom make a trip for you. There are two or three - and I would happily give you the names privately. There is one that will shortly be advertising on here which oculd be well worth an initial investigation.

But beware of sitting in st.;Mark Square Venice and drinking coffee and watching the world go by. The cost of a coffee would boost any ov erdraft by a considerable sum.

If you wanted to be 'adventurous' then fly to Milan and get the train to Venice - train rides in Italy are a great experience.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

libby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by libby »

Hello
Marion was referring to us ESTA travel.
we can arrange your trip - Anthony's sister lives in Italy - so he really is the man you want to talk to.
We have a huge data base of hotels to choose from - we can arrange transfers- car hire - what ever you need.
please call me 0548 861 9004 - or email me in the 1st instance
[email protected]

we can make your dreams a reality!

Libby!

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

Thank you Libby and Marion.

We actually booked a flight with Ankara Travel but would like to know more about the city from people's experience.

Thank you Marion for the information about the square.

Alisun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Alisun »

We spent a magical four days there in October last year - our first visit definitely not the last. I did most of my pre research through the tripadvisor forum which I found exceptionally useful and then downloaded Rick Steve's Venice guide onto my kindle for reference while there - if you have any specific questions let me know!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I am happy toshare what I know, but it seems solong ago I was there, but I have plenty of friends in Italy who may have been there more recently. I did in fact go with a couple of friends when I wa s living and working in Italy. I ended up having dinner in a super house over the Bridge of Sighs ,(friend of a friend) and one of the daughters of the household asked if I was in 'Dynasty'#. Well it was nearly 20 years ago and I had longer blonde hair and wearing a fur coat, but that did wonders for my soul!

But that is of little help to you. Get a guide book, do your research, but be careful how youspend your money. Gondolas are fine but expensive. Just take the ordinary'ferry' - much cheaper, same water to cross and still a great experience. But you can read all about it.

So when are you going? I want to go back and had hoped to get there this year for a day, but it seems that my animals are taking all my holiday money at the moment.

Sounds wonderful, and even if you don't do much, just being there is wonderful. All that beauty and history. Just go walking along the edge of the canals, but go for the cheaper back street restaurants, unless you want to literally eat money!

Maid Marion of Malatya

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

Thank you everybody!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

You are welcome. HOpe it all comes about and you have a holiday of a lifetime. It really is a magicalplace! Bella vacance.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”