Turkish Airline flights from Manchester

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkish Airline flights from Manchester

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

Looking to book Turkish airlines from Manchester to Ercan We have to change planes with 1 and a quarter hours in between. How easy is this and I presume they deal with the luggage, is that the case? Have flown with them before but don't remember changing planes.
Brend

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Turkish Airline flights from Manchester

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

It should be no problem at all Brend ... and yes they will deal with your luggage

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

Thank you for very quick reply and positive feedback. Just going to book now!!!
Brend

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

BOOKED!!!

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Have a good journey Brend

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

We've done this trip lots of times, when everything goes to plan it's great, but if the plane is late leaving Manchester you may find you've missed the connecting flight and have quite a long wait at Istanbul. Thats happened a couple of times to us and it really is a pain.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Elizabeth,
Firstly Brend is flying with Turkish Airlines, who are about as reliable as they come. Secondly, if worst comes to worst and Brend does miss the connecting flight, then she'll probably have to wait only a couple of hours more (for a flight to Ercan) in one of the most pleasant airports in the world.
Regards,
iancrumpy

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

I know she is travelling with Turkish Airlines, as we have many times, but I will say again, if the flight is late leaving Manchester she could miss the connecting flight and have a long wait. If my memory serves me well last time we waited about four hours.

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

Well its booked now so if we miss it we'll just have to make the most of Ataturk Airport!! Got a not too bad deal of £250 return. The only other choice was Stansted or flying into Larnaca and we don't like doing that.
Brend

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Brend,
There almost certainly won't be a problem. However, if, because your connecting flight is delayed, you have to wait at the airport more than three hours you will probably be entitled to certain benefits. Talk to the Turkish Airlines groundstaff - they'll probably very helpful. However, this is all hypothetical - your journey will probably proceed as planned ... and probably be very pleasant
Regards,
iancrumpy

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

Thanks for that.
From what I can remember Turkish airways had very comfortable seats with lots of room so we will enjoy and if we do miss connections its an afternoon flight so I'll frighten the hubbie and have a look round the duty free (Ha Ha)

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Ok we flew out in May with TA at the start at Birmingham we were advised that if we did not make the connection TA would put us up in Istanbul for the night
We landed with 20 minutes to spare .The plane then had to park and coach to the terminal we made it with minutes to spare .Our luggage didn't it turned up the next day a trip to Ercan to collect it

Useful information for Ataturk
You need to follow the transit signs look at the ceiling
Do not pay a visa fee if you are asked to you are in the wrong place
There is a desk area where your passports need to be examined and a sticky put on the passport
Opposite in the area there is the security your passport is examined for the sticky and you enter the maze to queue to be x rayed along with your bags
You then go upstairs to the departure gates and shops
Check your departure gate and keep checking they change and it takes 20 minutes to get from one end to another this is the 8th largest airport in Europe and growing
Don't worry only had the one problem in many flights
Also just like all the UK airports you can buy the near most expensive coffees beers in the city

niceone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by niceone »

Turkish airlines is a very good airline and if there are delays it may not be there fault anyway, I don't think they ever have to put anyone up in an hotel, our flight was delayed and we were getting the last flight of the day to Ercan, they held the flight for us, we made it but our luggage did not arrive until the next day.

We have travelled with them many many times and only been delayed twice.

Does anyone remember CTA? They were nearly always delayed

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

If you are delayed, do you have a HSBC Premier Account either here or UK?

If so you can use the HSBC lounge. You have to present current HSBC ID ie credit card that shows Premier AC. Then it is comfy seats, free food and drink, free internet.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Someone asked about the Manchester-Ercan flight, I just commented what could happen, not what does happen but what Could happen. I am not trying to upset anyone nor put down TA, we've used that flight many times and missed the flight a few, mainly down to the inefficiency at Manchester.
I'm a great believer in if someone ask a question then give them the full facts, thats what I did Ian Crumpy but obviously our experience of this flight is different than yours.
I hope your flight is trouble free Brend, in which case you'll be fine

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Thanks for the rolling eyes Elizabeth

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

i have never had a problem with Turkish Airlines they seem to be a very well run company, shame they were not brave enough to turn round the old CTA
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Dawnie1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Dawnie1 »

My neighbour always flies that route & flew in this weekend. Flight delayed UK end, so missed connecting flight. By the time she got into the hotel provided , it was 2.20am, they called her at 4.00am, so didn't get much sleep & had more or less travelled all night. Good airline but it does happen!

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Fair enough guys. I suppose the ideal amount of time to allow between flights is about 2 hours. Any shorter, then as Elizabeth, Dawnie and Niceone have pointed out, there is the possibility of missing the second flight. But any longer then you have to sit around getting bored in, as Wanderer pointed out, a place that has some of the most expensive beers and coffees in the country. So, I guess, allowing 1 1/4 hrs, as Brend is doing, is a little on the risky side ... but still shouldn't be a problem.
Brend, your post has now produced 18 replies and almost 250 views ... my posts normally struggle to get 50 views

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

iancrumpy wrote:....Brend, your post has now produced 18 replies and almost 250 views ... my posts normally struggle to get 50 views
What's Brend's performance expressed as a percentage increase over yours? - adjusted for the average time that each subject remains active for, of course.

And weighted to allow for the fact that it's a Wednesday afternoon

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

I'll let you all know how we got on. Flying out 28th September and back on 19th October. Husbands 60th while we are out there so hope we aren't delayed too much!!
Brend

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”