Atlas Jet - change of planes?

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Atlas Jet - change of planes?

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

I have just booked very reasonably priced flights for the beginning of next year with Atlas Jet. We usually travel with Pegasus but have really had enough of their miserable staff. Can anyone tell me, do you change planes in Istanbul? The flights we bought were cheaper than Pegasus with a meal included and 30kg of baggage!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Atlas Jet - change of planes?

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

last time my daughter flew with them she didnt change planes.

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Thanks Deniz

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

I believe you change planes now because it is 2 hours in Istanbul,why change things i do not know.

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Does anyone have an update on this? Has anyone flown with Atlasjet from Stansted?

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

We flew with Atlas in November, yes you do change planes in Istanbul. Yes meals are included and 30kg of baggage.
I prefer Atlas over PGS and don't mind the stop over in Istanbul, it breaks the journey up a bit and you can stretch yours legs and have a smoke.
I always find the staff on PGS ok, apart from the pre-check-in staff at Stansted, they're like the gestapo.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Norwegian.com have just advertised on TV here(UK) their sale prices for flights. Might be worth a look for future flights.

http://www.norwegian.com/uk/?gclid=CPeA ... 0wodFdIG1w
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Thanks very much for the info Welldigger, much appreciated

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Dalartokat, but that is to Larnaca not Ercan

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

earlybird wrote:Dalartokat, but that is to Larnaca not Ercan
Well, it is an alternative...

Dalartokat did say
Might be worth a look for future flights
Ingrate!

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

earlybird wrote:Dalartokat, but that is to Larnaca not Ercan

As was said. it was something to think about in the future. When people ask questions you should expect a wide variety of replies and you just sift out those that apply. Some people don't mind going into Larnaca, depends upon your viewpoint, where you live and how quick you need to be there Some people don't like to change at Istanbul or elsewhere. All sorts of reasons and for some it can be price also.

It was a suggestion, but won't bother you in the future.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

Surely the determining factors in selecting flights to the island are convenience of departure airports and cost of flights.

When it comes to Ercan v Larnaca any additional transfer time in travel from Larnaca is no greater than the stopover time required for aircraft in Turkey.
The downsides with LCA are loss of Duty Free benefits and cost of the return taxi fares to the North. In the latter case only about £100 for the whole party but the number of low cost carriers operating UK/Cyprus ,many more flight schedules into LCA can and do result in far cheaper fares into Larnaca which can and do more than negate that cab fare.

Let me give a recent example - Last week I booked flights with 'Blue Air' who fly from LCA to B'ham & Luton. The booking was for two persons return fares into B'ham on 4th April, returning 18th April Both flights are sensible daytime journeys with hand luggage and include complimentary meal and drinks. the total cost for the two of us - £128.00 inc all duties & taxes. Taking into account that this is Easter and Good Friday falls on 14th April I had to do the whole booking excercise 3 times to make sure that I had got it right and did not bother to look up Ercan flights to make a comparison.

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Its amazing this booking flights lark.... tingtang your flight today is £317 ?

I booked with Atlas to Ercan last week for May/June and it cost £204 each, usually like to fly TA but nothing under £540 for this time of year ?

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

It certainly is a lottery turtle. I made that booking last Monday, Blue Air are still relatively new and below the radar for many people. No doubt they will catch up in prices once having gained market share, so well worthwhile folks booking their advance trips as soon as they can if BHM & Luton fit the bill.

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

I used Cobalt on the Larnaca - Stanstead route twice last year - good budget service with almost empty planes

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Jet2 now doing Stansted /Larnaca

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Dalartokat, please don't take offence that certainly wasn't my intention and of course alternatives are great for people to make their decisions. I was merely pointing out the difference. I certainly never meant to upset or offend you. Please accept my apologies.

Personally for me Ercan is preferable and easier to be collected from.

Yes, we have been on one of these flights now and (in my opinion) far better than Pegasus, cheaper, 10kg extra baggage, a meal on the long leg and a snack and drink on the hop from Istanbul. We changed at Istanbul and there was no problem at all, enough time to get to the departure lounge just following the sign to International departures. I wish we had used them before.

Sallywebstersnipples
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Sallywebstersnipples »

I have not used Atlasjet before. When you change at Istanbul do they transfer your bags or do you collect from the conveyor belt yourself?

Thanks in advance
SWN

bojoy1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by bojoy1 »

Hi Sally
Your bags are transferred while you change flights.When you get to Istanbul, make sure go through the international transfers and not the domestic channel, when you change flights.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”