How far can you go on a minibus?

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

slsgjc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

How far can you go on a minibus?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by slsgjc »

I woul like to know how far around the island you can go on a dolmas? Have a relative coming over who would like to bus his way around the North. Young and enthusiastic lol

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: How far can you go on a minibus?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I had visitors a few years ago who did everything, including getting from Larnaca to Ozankoy by a mixture of bus and walking. Also young, fit and energetic , they left me gasping at the thought! I dont think they got round the North let alone the whole Island but they certainly seemed to get around and see what they wanted. I think they used a taxi once and a boat trip once!

One thing to remember however it that most of the buses/dolmas dont run in the evenings!

They lived on the Pennines at the time and neither drove, so they had plenty of practice getting in trim for coping with our mountains.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Pretty sure you can get up to Dipkarpaz in the east and Lefke in the west either direct from Girne or via Lefkosa. Most of the other large towns such as Lefkosa, Gazimagusa, Guzelyurt etc could probably be covered in a day trip if they had an early start as there are more frequent connections.

However the Dipkarpaz, Lefke trips would be long journeys and it is very likely you would need overnight in the area after arrival to allow time to explore or see a little more.

A great experience of course and would cost little.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

slsgjc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by slsgjc »

Thank you for the advice,very helpful.
I didn't realise you would be able to go as far as dekarpaz .

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”