Cobalt Airlines Customer Service

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Briannu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cobalt Airlines Customer Service

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Briannu »

Just a warning to everyone re Cobalt Airlines who I know many of you use. A friend of mine was booked Stansted to Larnaca in October, he has just got a very curt e mail saying the flight was cancelled and he had been rebooked to Gatwick the following night with a 10.30pm take off. He rang Cobalt to cancel and they told him he would lose all his money except taxes. Obviously this is wrong and they are trying it on but it is shocking customer service, the flight had been booked since May.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cobalt Airlines Customer Service

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Interesting; I've just received an email from Cobalt stating -
"Cobalt Air Launches two New Routes: London Gatwick and Frankfurt as part of its Winter schedule departing from Larnaca.
Flights to London Gatwick, almost daily starting October 30.
Flights to Frankfurt, Wednesday & Friday, starting November 7."
Won't affect me (hopefully!) as I'm traveling from Manchester in September....

Smiler
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Smiler »

I had the same problem with them earlier in the year when they cancelled my flight with only 4 days notice. All of the alternative flights they offered didn't work for my connecting travel plans so they said I was entitled to 400 euros compensation (due to EU law) but that they wouldn't refund any of the the flight cost. It took a long time to get the compensation from them - they didn't send enough the first time so had to chase them for the rest. I then had to claim the flight money back through my credit card which was fairly straightforward thankfully. Keep pestering them and hopefully you too will get the compensation you're owed. Sadly it doesn't make it any less stressful for you now though. Good luck!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

That's often the issue when you go for the most economical deal, be it flights, or Fridges

If a Company is operating on razor-thin margins, they sometimes try to protect their margin by hook or by crook...

You can see where they're coming from, but it doesn't make it right, and it doesn't mean that you have to accept it. Stick to your guns, always use a credit card rather than a debit card, and you'll come out on top!

If you are planning a journey that is 'Time Critical', involving appointments or flight connections etc., then it may be adviseable to choose a Company with the resources to provide a high level of service, and pay a little more.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

come_on_aylin wrote:This may be of interest http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-changes
Thanks for that - it's a minefield, isn't it?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

That's fine Keith, but I've recently booked flights, trying to use a credit card. Message kept coming up, there is an error, etc, etc etc. Tried using another credit card, had same message. Then I used a Debit Card, went through first time. Must admit this is the first time this has happened and it might have just been a temporary blip.

herald
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by herald »

Just had an email stating my November flight Stansted to Larnaca has been cancelled and re-booked departing from
Gatwick , called them and told them this is not acceptable and I requested a full refund including my return , they said they have cancelled it on the system but would not confirm via an email , they said I would get a refund within 30 days .
They will join Pegasus on my no fly list .

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

I have only just received the 400 euro compensation from DECEMBER 18th when the flight was delayed 14 hours, this was after the flight time had already been changed from 14.30 to 09.30 which resulted in me having to cancel original plan on getting a lift to Manchester and then having to book hotel accommodation. It seems they cancel and change flights on a regular basis as they also changed it on the way back as well. Their customer service is non existent, it was supposed to take 30-45 working days for the compensation but it was a lot longer than that.

paulc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by paulc »

In Feb i was delayed at Larnaca for 24 hrs with Norweigan airlines, went to there website, told there was compensation of 400 Euros directed me to the appropriate page, filled in the claim form, and within 2 weeks the money was in my bank account,, the flight was only £155 return so paid for my car hire and food

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”