Taking a North Cypriot rental car to the Republic

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Taking a North Cypriot rental car to the Republic

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

Hello, I'm going to North Cyprus soon and will rent a car there, which I also want to take to the Republic.

However, I've read that only a few rental companies will issue written permission to take the car across the border, and that without it, TRNC police won't let the car exit North Cyprus.

Could you please give me a list of rental companies in the North that will issue permission to take the car to the Republic?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Taking a North Cypriot rental car to the Republic

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Acmenya, Brisk, Bespinar

Use the search facility on the forum (top left of screen) to find contact details

n.b. edited to remove Pacific, who reportedly do NOT allow their rental cars to go to the South - thanks, ttoli !
Last edited by Keithcaley on Wed 22 Nov 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Keith , Not sure about the others but I can tell you that Pacific do NOT allow their cars across (I work for their sister company).

Crazydre , did you have no luck with the one that I recommended you on Tripadvisor http://www.aone-cyprusrentacar.com/index.php/en/ ??
(Advertising Restricted)

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Crazydre, RoC cars coming over to the North seem to present no problems for TRNC residents as they are not vindictive. However, the same does not seem to go for the South and I believe there have been many instances where vehicles with TRNC plates have been attacked. Perhaps that is why TRNC taxi drivers do not hang about when heading for Larnaca airport! Do also consider the problems you might encounter if a hire vehicle (from either side) breaks down when in opposing territory. Either way, I think you will need additional insurance when taking a hire vehicle over the border.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ttoli wrote:Keith , Not sure about the others but I can tell you that Pacific do NOT allow their cars across (I work for their sister company)....
Thanks for that ttoli,

I found the info on a previous thread, so I'll add a note to that thread...

... and edit my post on this thread as well!

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

ttoli wrote:Keith , Not sure about the others but I can tell you that Pacific do NOT allow their cars across (I work for their sister company).

Crazydre , did you have no luck with the one that I recommended you on Tripadvisor http://www.aone-cyprusrentacar.com/index.php/en/ ??
I just want to know as many as possible so I can get the best Price

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

SussexBoy wrote:Either way, I think you will need additional insurance when taking a hire vehicle over the border.
Yes, I've read that it's compulsory to buy insurance at the EU side. Sent an E-Mail to the EU Cypriot Police asking how that works (price as well as whether it can be obtained at any crossing and 24/7, or only at certain crossings and/or times)

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

Just as an update. A-One no longer allowed their cars to be taken to the EU side; the ones that do that I got in touch with are Oscars, Baspinar and Esentepe Brisk.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”