Accurate offline GPS app for the whole island?

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Accurate offline GPS app for the whole island?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

I'm going to the island in June and will rent a car at Ercan airport which won't have GPS navigation (and this company literally is the only option for me for specific reasons).

I was told by the company that I can download various apps for GPS navigation - fortunately my mum's travelling with me and has a tablet.

Do you know any accurate offline ones that work in both countries, i.e. on the whole island?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Accurate offline GPS app for the whole island?

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by erol »

For a free option that has good coverage south and reasonable north you could use google maps and their 'download maps' facility. The maps will last for 30 days I think from the time you download them, after which you would need to go online again to re download them / update them.

Or there are various paid for maps that cover both north and south suitable for a range of different devices. An old thread on the subject here

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... nav#p23113

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Accurate offline GPS app for the whole island?

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

I was surprised to find the Waze app worked very well in the north, even down to street names. Missing the luxury of dynamic traffic hazard info one gets used to in the UK, including Wazers contributions. Maybe a Waze community will grow in Cyprus.
libens volens potens

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”