Paying for EU Cypriot car insurance

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Paying for EU Cypriot car insurance

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

As you may know, I'm going to North Cyprus in a few days and will rent a car, which I will also take to EU Cyprus for one or two days.

What I wonder is: can I pay for the EU Cypriot car insurance using a VISA card, and what is the current price (I've been told 25-35 euros)

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Paying for EU Cypriot car insurance

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Yes you can pay by Visa. €25 / month. You also need hire company, written permission. Copy of log book to obtain
TOM document & EU driving licence

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Paying for EU Cypriot car insurance

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Also, and I think that this might have been mentioned previously - but just in case, the 25 Euro insurance that you purchase at the crossing point is on Legal Minimum 3rd Party cover while in the South. Please check that your Comprehensive Insurance (if you do take out Comprehensive Insurance) is still in force while in the South - you may need to pay an extra Premium for this cover, but otherwise you could be personally liable for any damage caused to the vehicle itself while in the South - up to or even exceeding the cost of replacing the vehicle.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”