EU Cypriot car insurance companies

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

EU Cypriot car insurance companies

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

I'm driving to EU Cyprus on Monday and have been told that there are two different insurance companies on the EU side: one is called Minerva and is in front of passport control, while the other one is further away next to customs.

They said the price is the same.

Are there any differences in the conditions though, and if so, which one is more beneficial?

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: EU Cypriot car insurance companies

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Both are beyond passport control and both offer the same basic 3rd party cover.
(Advertising Restricted)

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

ttoli wrote:Both are beyond passport control and both offer the same basic 3rd party cover.
Perfect, thanks.

One more thing: I got the following documents:

1. Rental contract, with a handwritten note on the backside in Turkish saying the vehicle can exit North Cyprus (with a stamp below).
2. Car logbook, which is a black-and-white copy of a cluster of gibberish in Turkish and an embossed circle with the letter Z.

I understand I have to present the contract (specifically the note on the backside) each time exiting North Cyprus, along with our IDs.

However, what happens on the EU side?

What I've been told is that first I only present our IDs to passport control. Then I park and walk up to the road tax document desk (next to passport control) and present contract, logbook and my own ID,

Then I walk to the insurance desk and present the road tax doc, logbook and my driving licence before paying.
The person said that the insurance document will have a field saying "Identity card" but actually containing the driving licence number.

Is this currently correct?

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

I believe so, Driving directions are here https://goo.gl/maps/HTozdiM6Gby
(Advertising Restricted)

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

ttoli wrote:I believe so, Driving directions are here https://goo.gl/maps/HTozdiM6Gby
Fortunately my mum has an ANdroid, so we were able to use the Google Maps app to create an offline map covering the whole island, with even live navigation working offline (dont know how the hell)

Also signgage has been extraordinarily good so far (in fact I havent needed Google Maps once so far). So it should be fine

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”