tatlisu-girne bus service

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

tatlisu-girne bus service

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I recently picked up a 'flyer' advertising a bus service from Tatlisu-Girne and return. Summarised details are:

From 28 March.
Depart Tatlisu - 0900. Depart Girne - 1600. Cost - 15TL each way.

From 10 May.
Depart Tatlisu - 0830. Depart Girne - 1730. Cost - 15 TL each way.

Telephone contact numbers are:
0533 833 9610.
0533 863 7476.

Hopefully, this service will benefit some living east of Girne/Esentepe.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: tatlisu-girne bus service

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thank you for the information. There have been numerous requests for info on this subject, so hopefully the service will be used, and then possibly expanded, if it proves popular.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Was there any pick up points mentioned on the way with times or where it drops off in Girne?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Yes and no wrote:Was there any pick up points mentioned on the way with times or where it drops off in Girne?
No, I posted the details given. Perhaps you could 'phone and seek such information and further post what you discover? If it us a dolmus-type service the driver will stop as required, but I have no further details.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Looking at the timetable, this appears to be an additional service and not an extension of the current Esentepe/Girne servive. Am I correct?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

[quote="SussexBoy"]Looking at the timetable, this appears to be an additional service and not an extension of the current Esentepe/Girne servive. Am I correct?[/quote

Yes, I think so.

humanoid
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by humanoid »

tomsteel wrote:I recently picked up a 'flyer' advertising a bus service from Tatlisu-Girne and return. Summarised details are:

From 28 March.
Depart Tatlisu - 0900. Depart Girne - 1600. Cost - 15TL each way.

From 10 May.
Depart Tatlisu - 0830. Depart Girne - 1730. Cost - 15 TL each way.

Telephone contact numbers are:
0533 833 9610.
0533 863 7476.

Hopefully, this service will benefit some living east of Girne/Esentepe.

I used this bus service today, the info is correct (above) and I will try to attach a picture of the flyer. It is a dolmus style minibus, so will stop anywhere (within reason), to pick up/drop off. The driver leaves Tatlisu village at 09:00 and turns off the main road at some point, to pass Seaterra Bay complex, hoping to pick up a few day trippers,The main number to use is 0533 833 9610 and it is on whatsapp too, I sent a message in English to explain I would wait at Uc Kardes supermarket, and he said ok and picked me up there.

The service is currently in a trial phase and they are hoping word gets around and more people start to use it over the next few months. There were only 4 people on the way out this morning and two on the way back, so unless more people start to use it, it may not keep running after summer.

This is the link for the Flyer:
https://imgur.com/a/g9ZSbz1

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

The bus leaves Tatlisu village at 9am. Passes the Metran shops etc then turns right, down the old coast road, where it beeps it’s horn at Sweetwater Bay gates, Kulaxziz6, Mayfair Park, then it turns right and goes down the road towards Seaterra Bay and Ceaser Bay to the bottom again bibs his horn and turns around and goes back up to the old coast Road.

It then proceeds along old coast road to the main road and turns right and starts it’s longer journey into a Girne. It bibs it’s horn when it approaches all the major estates I.e R and R, Sugarcubes, etcetc throughout the journey. If you ring he will do little detours if he can get the bus there to pick up actually on a site if you have difficulty walking etc.

You are dropped of at the exit of the main car park in town and instructed where to meet at 4pm (times change in May)

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Just visiting friends on our way to Kaplica beach on the coastal road...and noticed a brand new recently built enclosed bus stop and bench past the mosque on the road towards the sea at Tatlisu...
Obviously built for the locals but also good for those interested in using public transport who wish to see the relic excavation work that’s going on in Tatlisu.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”