Flight compensation

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

divesups
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Flight compensation

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by divesups »

Just for general information. My son ,daughter in law and grandson traveled from Heathrow to Larnaca recently. The flight arrival time was delayed by three hours and thirty minutes. My son put in a claim to BA and received the 3X 400 euros within two weeks. No need to use a claim company.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Flight compensation

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Last Sept8th easyjet gatwick Larnaca delayed 6 hours, wrote to easyjet twice never answered, so put it in the hand of GIVT last week they wrote saying the reason for delay was bed weather. Bloody liars nothing of the sort. Took GIVT since end of September to tell me that. Think I’ll just leave it there, sick of whole thing. BA next time.

divesups
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by divesups »

Was it any of these?
In which cases will you not receive compensation due to bad weather?

Passengers are not entitled to compensation due to adverse weather conditions if any of the following events occur:

Ash cloud: When a natural disaster occurs, it’s force majeure. Air traffic is affected and flights cannot operate. The ash cloud hinders the visibility of the pilot and ash particles can affect the sensors of the height and speed measuring instruments.
Adverse weather conditions: Aircraft must often remain on the ground or take off later when extreme weather occurs. Adverse weather conditions such as snow, storm, freezing rain or fog exempt airlines from paying compensation.
Stormy front: The Darmstadt Regional Court ruled that there is no compensation either, if the previous flight is forced to land in an emergency because of a stormy front and the next flight is delayed or cancelled as a result.

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

and then people wonder why airlines increase their prices a year on
(Advertising Restricted)

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Weather was fine,we were told there was an electrical problem. A company turned up just as we boarded another aircraft to deal with it. No rain, nothing. We were offered tap water after 4 hrs. Live and learn.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”