Advice regarding car rental

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

toaodave
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Advice regarding car rental

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by toaodave »

I am after some advice on what to do with regards to car rental. We are travelling to Cyprus in May and will sepnd some time in the South at the inlaws but the majority in the North at our apartment. I can either get car rental from Larnaca with a company that allows travel to the North or i can get a transfer to the North and then hire a car locally. Both options will cost around the same but it would be alot more convenient to get the car at Larnaca so that we can travel back and forward if we wish and also have a vehicle while staying at the inlaws so that would be our preferred option.

My concern though is if anything happens in the North (Breakdown, Accident etc..) then the hire company state that we have to get the car back to the South, also the additional insurance payable at the border is only 3rd party. If i was to take this option is there any extra comprehensive insurance available to purchase or breakdown cover? I want the flexibilty of being able to travel around the whole island but also want to be safe in the knowledge that if anything did happen it would be easily sorted.

I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this.

Thanks

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Advice regarding car rental

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Cross border Comprehensive Insurance not available to Hire Cars, either side.The only way of enjoying comp cover is to hire one in the south and one in the North

Petsas have a depot in Nicosia , Cross the Border and Sun have a depot 2 mins walk from Kyrenia gate https://www.sunrentacar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Map https://goo.gl/maps/XPzNHKrbwR2FdSH97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Advertising Restricted)

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”