jet2 recommence of flights

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

jet2 recommence of flights

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

Package holiday giant Jet2 has announced plans to recommence its flights and vacation programme this summer - despite the Government advising against all non-essential travel indefinitely.

In an email to customers who had booked deals, the airline, which flies to several European destinations from East Midlands Airport, said it would start its flights again from June 17.

The move means all trips booked for before this date are now cancelled.

Good news looks like my June 28th flight is safe but not holding my breath (:())
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: jet2 recommence of flights

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

That's all very well, but what if the country they are flying to won't accept planes from UK by June 28th?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

What great news. Book your holiday in the TRNC for your annual 2 weeks, get on the plane and when you get off find yourself put in quarantine here for 2 weeks - wonderful views from some of the hotels through so maybe not all lost!

I realise that the country runs on tourism and that it has to start again but start it too soon and there will be another outbreak and we will be back to square one! Common sense should really prevail I hope.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

Waddo,
You may not of booked it but you will get all-inclusive.😂
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

karmels, that's priceless!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Even if you can fly to Larnaca in June I think it unlikely that the border will be open for tourists to cross.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Yesterday the UK Government announced against all but essential travel INDEFINITELY from the UK. Which means zero travel insurance would be valid plus there are no insurance companies covering against COVID-19.

We travel quite a lot but you wouldn’t get me travelling through airports and on planes ( proven breeding grounds for this dangerous virus) in the near future.

Personally I’ll be very surprised if any airline will be flying holiday makers this summer.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”