Xmas flights

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Xmas flights

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Just looking to see what flights fly from larnaca to Bristol, or any close airports. I can't seem to find any. Obviously who knows what will happen by Xmas, but just looking to see if there are any flights at the moment

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Xmas flights

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Bristol flights are closed off season.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

My Wife and I were booked onto an easyjet flight into Bristol from Larnaca in December, they appear to have closed the route although we've not received anything from them.
I have emailed them, awaiting their reply.

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Thanks for letting me know, though i did find some flights from paphos to Birmingham today. Cheap prices, not as close as Bristol though. But better than London!

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

bluedream wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 5:02 pm
Thanks for letting me know, though i did find some flights from paphos to Birmingham today. Cheap prices, not as close as Bristol though. But better than London!

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

From Sunday flights from Cyprus added to quarantine for 14 days in the UK.

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Yes, just seen that, crazy! How long that will apply for I don't know

Mimosanow
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mimosanow »

Hi Bogaz58. Sorry to hear that your December flight has been cancelled. Although the Bristol-Larnaca flights disappeared from their schedule several weeks ago, Easyjet won’t tell you it’s been cancelled until 14 days before the departure date. That’s so that they can hold onto your payment for longer. When they do finally tell you, they’ll make it difficult to choose a refund rather than accepting vouchers. And if you manage to find your way through to requesting a refund they’ll take forever before shelling out. Compare Norwegian Airlines: they notified cancellation seven whole weeks before flight day and made the refund there and then.
I do hope you and your wife get to TRNC.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Mimosanow wrote:
Fri 30 Oct 2020 1:16 pm
Easyjet won’t tell you it’s been cancelled until 14 days before the departure date. That’s so that they can hold onto your payment for longer. When they do finally tell you, they’ll make it difficult to choose a refund rather than accepting vouchers. And if you manage to find your way through to requesting a refund they’ll take forever before shelling out. Compare Norwegian Airlines: they notified cancellation seven whole weeks before flight day and made the refund there and then.
I never had any trouble getting a refund from Easyjet. Yes I had to wait awhile for a refund for a flight cancelled in May but for my September flights the refund was paid pretty quickly.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Miosananow, we've had a reply from easyjet telling us the flights are still operational despite the fact you cannot book flights on the route on any December date, I think they will inform us 14 days prior to the date of cancellation, as previously stated.
I will then apply for a full refund.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”