WIZZAIR - UK departure locations

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WIZZAIR - UK departure locations

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Wizz are showing prices and schedule for flights to Larnaca out of Robin Hood - our local airport - but flight activity appears zero. So where are they leaving UK from?

I see TUI are using the same departure airport for Paphos, which may have to be our second choice. TIA
m

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: WIZZAIR - UK departure locations

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by phild »

start flying out of robin hood again on 12th sept.

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Thank you, that's reassuring. Is that sort of information easily found by the public, I can't get an answer out of them!
m

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by phild »

Just go on their website,very easy.

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Yes its easy, but the point was that at the weekend they were selling tickets on that route for August, timetabled! But the airport were not showing any departures or return flights. Tonight it shows flights starting from 12 Sept, it didn't until now.
m

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Wizz because of the pandemic are in a world fantasy of flights
Until this year they were ok handled my flight refund ok when the pandemic first struck

I had two flights from Birmingham to Larnaca cancelled for June

When I tried to rebook for july the site said sold out for July

It was then first flight early August then September now its 12 October sorry just checked again 1 November

A friend of a friend flew out May /June from Doncaster had to return to Luton

After the BHX failure I booked Luton Larnaca with WIZZ great just a couple of days before I flew the return date was moved from July 2 to 12 th
I cancelled and flew BA from LHR

I wrote to my credit card company and they refunded me all the money as WIZZ did not fulfill the service

Luton and Heathrow are over 2hours drive from home Birmingham is 30 minutes on a train 3 times an hour for free so Birmingham is ideal
Please move Turkey off the red UK list I have Turkish Airlines seats booked

Luton seems to be ok for WIZZ with plenty taking off But Jet 2 do the same job and go fro BHX they weren't flying in June

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Well thank you, this was just what I was finding out, they were selling tickets for tomorrow and the airport's info system was showin no flights at all. I have never flown with them so far, yet friends say they are good. But living on the Humber its not too convenient for flights until Robin Hood became the Wizz northern hub. Until I moved back to my 'home' county I flew from Luton, first with good old Monarch and then Blue air. Before that it was Peggy from Stansted but my wife could not stand the journey time.

Point taken on return flights being changed, but as we are retired we are not so particular about dates, hence buying one-way tickets. Hopefully the return flight can be relied upon when bought a couple of days before!

Your comments are appreciated, thanks.
m

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mish »

A quick update. Wizzair are now flying regularly from Robin Hood with no delays or cancellations. So we will be using them by 7 November. Again, thanks for all help.
m

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

The BHX flights are now April 2022 :x))
Cardiff next year :x))

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”