A petition to close down ICE in Alsancak

Recommend a package holiday or Tours in the TRNC. Find out or recommend where to go and what to see.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

A petition to close down ICE in Alsancak

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

Every summer brings a nightmare with loud music from the ICE disco club in Alsancak. We live in Karaoglanoglu but the music is so loud, we cannot sleep at nights.

We are having a family now coming for a holiday with babies, they suffered from the music and last night the music was unbearable. They are going to leave us as soon as possible.
That is not fair! They paid a lot of money to come here, it is their first visit to us, they liked it here. But their holiday has been ruined.

What do the owners of the ICE think about? I know there are tourists who want to dance till early morning but there should be sound proof premises for disco! Every summer we have to complain about the loud music at night from the ICE, every summer!

I want to launch a petition to close down the place or take away their licence until the place is ready to do business properly.

What do you think?

Are there anybody else who suffer from the ICE or other places ?

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: A petition to close down ICE in Alsancak

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

It states in the paper today that the surname Namsoy is shared by the owner of Ice and the guy who monitors sound levels on behalf of Girne belediyesi. It is also the surname on a neighbouring municipality's mayor.

If these people are all related (and I'm not saying they are), good luck with that one.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

brianc, just how many jobs will that cost, how much revenue will be lost to local government and suppliers - how many local government officials give one fig what expats experience or think? Even should you secure 1000 expat signatures, you'll whistle Dixie.

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

But what should we do? Keep silent and pretend we are happy listening that racket?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I have every sympathy for your plight and guess you've tried the official complaint to the owner, police, environmental noise officer route. Have you tried a legal route via a court order? I cannot offer an escape tunnel for you, nor even a shovel you can start one with. I am certain though that an expat-led petition will get you nowhere fast and just increase your frustration. You could, of course, find out where the owner lives and blast the house via a ghetto blaster when he/she/children are trying to sleep - only joking!!

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

It is not just the local Brits and those holidaying close by who are suffering and complaining, see here... https://www.facebook.com/serdar.tuksal/ ... nref=story
libens volens potens

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I sympathise with you, we lived opposite the St. Tropez restaurant 10 years ago and had the same problem from Barcode and Ice. It would start around 10pm and go on to early hours, occasionally the music got turned down when the police turned up but was soon back to unbearable levels. I can't believe that it's still going on. I hope you are successful in your quest.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

For the benefit of non-FB users it says (in Turkish and English):

Ministry of Tourism and Environmental Protection Office, Municipality of Alsancak, Kyrenia District Office and Related Departments of the Government.

To whom it may concern,

We, undersigned,

As the residents in the District of Alsancak/Kyrenia, in reference to the Escape Clup and Ice Club active in our District, we would like to inform you that there is a serious problem of nuisance with regards to the noise pollution in our district caused by the above said clubs which disturbs our daily living standards every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights until 03.45 a.m., by going beyond the limits of their legal permissions given by the competent authorities under the required laws in TRNC. We kindly request your legal interference for this matter under the required regulations you think fit as the Competent Government Bodies and as our Representatives in the Government.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Well done Joan and Jelly,

I was going to suggest that the op finds out how many Cypriot neighbours arealso concerned about the noise pollution: many are just as bothered about it as expats, often more and they also have elderly, sick people and children to worry about, as well as workers who need their sleep. Try to contact the writers of the petition and see if you can combine with them in any other representations I think if enough people , whether expats or nationals make complaint something has to be done, and it is also a good idea to contact the local authorities who benefit from expats rates etc.

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

thank you very much for your replies, will join the petition on the FB.

Read the article and letters in the last CT issue on noise pollution, unfortunately we are not alone.

As far as I remember last year after several complaints on noise from the ICE , it stopped.

Will keep fighting for our right to sleep at night!

Virginia
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Virginia »

I hadn't seen this post, probably because it wasn't in the main chat area. (I apologies if I am incorrect about this)

The situation with regards to the noise pollution is completely unacceptable.

We have lived here 9 years, long before noise became an issue.

They ramp up the sound about 3:30 - 4:00 am.absolutely no consideration for residents. They completely ignore the law.

Why do they get away with it.

I am certain you would get a much larger response to a petition if more people knew about it

Everyone who is affected should get together and go to the relative authority en-masse and it would have a greater impact.

If the authorities had to put up with this sort of noise they would soon do something about it.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Where is this place sounds a great night out

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

Dear Virginia, thank you for your support. We wrote to Serdal Tuksal, who wrote the petition. you can find him on the Facebook and there is a link to the petition in this post

Return to “HOLIDAYS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”