Smart TV & Multmax

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Smart TV & Multmax

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Does anyone know if Multimax is a Dynamic Network? Another question is does anyone know how to connect a Smart TV to the internet?. I think I need to go on a technical course to understand the instructions in the manual.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Smart TV & Multmax

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

stellasstar1 wrote:Does anyone know if Multimax is a Dynamic Network? Another question is does anyone know how to connect a Smart TV to the internet?. I think I need to go on a technical course to understand the instructions in the manual.
I am not sure what you mean by 'dynamic network' ? Do you mean do we assign IP addresses dynamicaly or static ? If that is the question then the answer is your external IP address is static.

To connect a smart TV you either have to plug an ethernet cable into it from your router or some will allow you to connect wirelessly if you have a wifi router / ap in your house. Getting it connected is only part of the story though. Most smart TV's will offer diferent services depedning on what region they think you are in. Then some services will restrict access based on what region they think you are in. So for example with my samsung smart TV, once connected to the network with an ethernet cable, I was able to get services like you tube that are not restricted on region without having to do anything. Howerver to get the smart TV to let me download and install the BBC iplayer app I first had to use a 'secret' code on the remote control to bring up a menu that let me change the region for apps to the UK. Once I did this I was then able to see and download an install the BBC iPlayer app. Before the TV just did not offer me the app as an option at all. Once you have the app, with a multimax connection, it should work ok - but this is only because multimax automatically make traffic to the bbc look like it comes from the UK. With other geogrpahical based apps like say netflix, changing the app region on the smart tv to UK allows me to download the netflix app, but it still will not work because when I use it they know I am not in the UK.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

stellasstar1 wrote:Does anyone know if Multimax is a Dynamic Network? Another question is does anyone know how to connect a Smart TV to the internet?. I think I need to go on a technical course to understand the instructions in the manual.
ere stella where you been learning such big words
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

In the 82 page booklet that Arcelik kindly emailed me on how to use my TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it asks if I have dynamic network wth my wireless internet, this is the one that doesn't need a cable from the router, but from reading this page it seems that not all are the same, and I need a Dynamic one. Me thinks this television is just too hard for me. I'm fine as long as I just stick to Digiturk, which is what I think I will have to do. Even the Arcelik guys had problems setting up my digiturk and DVD player on it, and I had to get someone from Digiturk to do it, but unfortunately he didn't know about Smart TV's. I think I'll go and have a lie down now. !

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

stellasstar1 wrote:In the 82 page booklet that Arcelik kindly emailed me on how to use my TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it asks if I have dynamic network wth my wireless internet, this is the one that doesn't need a cable from the router, but from reading this page it seems that not all are the same, and I need a Dynamic one. Me thinks this television is just too hard for me. I'm fine as long as I just stick to Digiturk, which is what I think I will have to do. Even the Arcelik guys had problems setting up my digiturk and DVD player on it, and I had to get someone from Digiturk to do it, but unfortunately he didn't know about Smart TV's. I think I'll go and have a lie down now. !
ere Stella, after reading your message I need a lie down too, lol,
I am sure Erol will be able to help you out.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

answer is yes, multimax cpe assigns ip addresses to devices dynamically.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I think the next step for me is possibly selling my Smart TV, as it really is too Smart for me! and buying a regular one.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

stellasstar1 wrote:I think the next step for me is possibly selling my Smart TV, as it really is too Smart for me! and buying a regular one.
Whatever you paid for your TV, you are unlikely to get more than 50% to 60% back selling it privately, and possibly less as you are not able to demonstrate that all the functions are working properly (e.g. the 'smart' bit) - as soon as you walk out of the showroom, you immediately lose the dealers's profit (33% - ish) plus installation, after-care, and the knowledge that you are buying a brand new, unused item...

I would advise you to hang on to it, and just use it as a normal TV. Or at least learn more about it, you could look at it as a 'hobby'

In my years as a 'radio & TV engineer' I found that 'most' people didn't understand 'most' of the functions of the equipment that they bought - they simply bought the most expensive one, in the belief that they were getting a 'better' model, and ignored the bits that they didn't need / understand, blissfully unaware that those were the functions that they'd paid extra for.

Personally, I always do my research first, and make sure that I'm only paying for functionality that I want, and will use...

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to make you feel even worse, but at least you know that you're not on your own, there's thousands of others out there just the same!
Last edited by Keithcaley on Mon 06 Aug 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I Love the idea of trying to learn to use it as a hobby. Now I have a really good reason for spending so much time with my television. I know what you mean about buying things and then not using all the functions. Going back a bit, when they first started adding all sorts to micro-wave machines, people bought them and then continued to only use them for the basic things. (I was one of those people !), but now I normally go for basic things. In the shop, she made it all sound so simple, but I guess I was the simple one. I'll say it myself before you all start thinking it.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

stellasstar1, I think you are Smarter than you think. Do as Keith says and learn as a hobby, maybe wait until the winter months when you will probably spend more time with your Smart TV.
It's good to learn...we never stop learning.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

banjo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by banjo »

StellaStar 1, I think I remember you telling, just some days ago, what I good job Arçelik did, when selling a TV to you.
I would go back to Arçelik and say please I need your help. It's not working and something is missing. What, and were do I get it, if something is missing. And it is not helping that you show it to me here, in the shop.
Yes, it is nice learning new techniques, but sometimes so complicated that it is no longer funny.
Arçelik is, sometimes, a bit to fast pressing a few buttons, saying 'it's easy'. And if it really is, then it should also be easy for Arçelik to set up your very smart TV in such a way, that you are having fun using the TV instead of thinking of selling or just use the basics.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Yes I am going to go back tomorrow, and I won't bore everyone with the outcome, as people have been so patient with me on this thread. Thanks to you all.x

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

no let us know how you get on maybe they can come out and show you
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”