New Multimax Packages and Prices Effective Immediately!

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New Multimax Packages and Prices Effective Immediately!

•   Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Hello All,

We have made some modifications to our packages and prices effective immediately as follows.

*HIGHLIGHTS*
-Symmetric connections. We are now offering same upload speed as the download one except for our 10Mbps package,
-No more activation fee,
-Monthly payment option is no longer offered,
-No long term contracts, you can subscribe for as little as 6 months.

*PACKAGES*

1.5Mbit Download / 1.5Mbit Upload
300TL(50) for 6 months or
480TL(40) for 12 months or
840TL(35) for 24 months.

2.5Mbit Download / 2.5Mbit Upload
360TL(60) for 6 months or
600TL(50) for 12 months or
1080TL(45) for 24 months.

5Mbit Download / 5Mbit Upload
480TL(80) for 6 months or
840TL(70) for 12 months or
1440TL(60) for 24 months.

10Mbit Download / 5Mbit Upload
900TL(150) for 6 months or
1620TL(135) for 12 months or
2640TL(110) for 24 months.

----------------------------------
-All prices INCLUDE all taxes
-Numbers in parentheses are monthly equivalent prices for easier comparison
-Basic installation at no extra cost
-There is no equipment or activation charges
-Rates advertised are best effort rates.
----------------------------------

Existing customers can stay with their current package or move to one of these packages, their choice.

Enjoy!
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New Multimax Packages and Prices Effective Immediately!

•   Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

any changes on the ADSL ??
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

ADSL is still 250TL per year for 4Mbit.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Come to my house immediately and set me up with the 5mb package...

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Girne office will be contacting you shortly.
-----

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Think I got 3 missed calls from you. I called back but the lady who answered didn't know what I was talking about.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ailletoo wrote:...the lady who answered didn't know what I was talking about.
They only speak English you know...ImageImageImage
Last edited by Keithcaley on Sat 04 Aug 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Keith did you put pictures up 'cos if you did, they are not showing.

Spoke to Multimax rep at Lambousa. He told me to go to the business centre in Alsancak and fill out some forms and only then could they deal with me. This is beginning to get boring now.......

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ailletoo wrote:Keith did you put pictures up 'cos if you did, they are not showing....
Erm.... Pictures of 'What' Roma? Image

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Ah, I see what it is now... it is the smileys. Before there was only a square with an X inside it like you get when you can't view a picture on the internet. Sorry... to confuse you. xx

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Is there much difference between 4 and 5 mBt?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ailletoo,

Sorry, that was my fault - they're not standard 'smileys' on this board, so I keep 'em somewhere else & just 'link' to them when required.

Problem was, I'd been doing a little 'house-keeping' and reorganised the directories, with the result that the link no longer pointed to the right place.

As I say, my fault entirely, so I confused you

stellasstar1:

1Mbt !

25% !

Or to put it another way, if you are downloading a very large file - say a Movie, for instance - then it would only take four fifths of the time to download at 5Mbt/s compared to 4Mbt/s.

That is assuming that wherever you are downloading from can actually spit it out that fast, and that every single part of the Internet between you and that 'source' can also cope...

Unless you are an 'Intensive' heavy user of bandwidth, you're not likely to notice any difference just doing 'normal', everyday stuff. The 5Mb/s UPLOAD speed would make a hell of a difference if you were uploading videos to YouTube, or something like that though.

Given that you don't appear to be too technical - from your previous posts - it doesn't seem to be too likely (to me ) that you would be doing anything that would benefit from the difference

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Thanks Keith, as you had no doubt gathered, I am not technically minded and I don't download very often, although I was last week, and it said it would take 56 minutes, so off it goes, and with 1 minute 16 seconds left, it announced it couldn't download that file.! I was not a happy bunny.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

@stellasstar1, depending on where you are downloading from there are many asisstance tools available that will help you download faster and able to resume download (as opposed to starting from beginning) in case it fails.

Kemal
-----

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Ah well...... here I am still waiting for Multimax.

That's after several phone calls, one trip to their stand at Lambousa, a no show today at 2pm. a call to their office today when they said they would call me back... that was 2 hours ago..... still waiting. Funny, but when I was in business and someone waved money at me, I used to turn up pronto and take it from them.

Does anyone out there know of an alternative to Multimax?

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

5.55pm and lo and behold Multimax are here. They seem to know what they are doing.... Tho' they don't seem to know what cable tidy's are.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

there is no alternative to multimax, and we are not in the business of taking people's money, we are in the business of delivering a service.

we allocate a time slot for every installation and troubleshooting based of previous experience. However there are times when something can go wrong and installation might take a lot more than anticipated. As we dont like the idea of leaving a job half finished just to move on and 'turn up pronto and take money from them', all schedule needs to be shifted accordingly.

You comments are really making it sound like you made a lot of effort to get Multimax connected... Since the moment you have written your phone number here, we gave you multiple calls that all went unanswered, you called back finally once and landed into famagusta office who didnt know what you talking about, true, but let Girne people know/ You just happened to bump into us in Lambousa which you were given alternative options to visit our Alsancak agent in order to signup for the service. We again gave you calls in order to arrange this installation. We were ready to install you on Monday (just 3 working days after you put your phone number here) but you didnt have electricity and postponed, and today we called again and now our engineers are over (4th business day after you put your phone number here) and installing your connection.

Please respect and recognition where its due, I am sure you will like and enjoy your internet as with hundreds of other happy Multimax users.

Kemal
-----

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Hands up... Fair Comment.

I did call your office more than once but there was some sort of interference on the line. To be fair to me, the guy in Lambousa was not interested in me in the slightest, he just wanted me to be someone else's problem is the feeling I got.

However, I will admit, I am impatient and want things done yesterday, comes from living in Singapore.

So... on here and in public, I am admitting that I was grumpy when I wrote the last message.

It seems that everything has gone OK and I am now connected.

Everyone tells me you are the best, even my partner who lives in the UK . He works in IT security and has done research on wireless connections in TRNC.

So... welcome to my home, Multimax.

ailletoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ailletoo »

Kemal wrote: and we are not in the business of taking people's money, we are in the business of delivering a service.

Ailletoo wrote: Ahhhhh, come on Ted!!!!!!! ))))

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Multimax turned up yesterday morning, just three days after I paid for the service. The guys were pleasant, efficient and also installed the wiring properly, something my husband commented on as he was in the construction industry and takes note of tidy work. I had a lot of problems but Erol came out this afternoon, spent ages sorting it out, and lo and behold, all is well. I think Multimax has done sterling work, not just in the speed of installation service but also in coming out within an hour or so of my e-mail about my problems. Highly recommended. Glad I switched to Multimax.
Do your best to grow old disgracefully.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

ailletoo wrote:Kemal wrote: and we are not in the business of taking people's money, we are in the business of delivering a service.

Ailletoo wrote: Ahhhhh, come on Ted!!!!!!! ))))
-----

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Hi I signed up last December for the 2mb package paid a year and got 15 months. Been very happy so far is there any advantage to me to change now or wait until the present contract runs out? I don't do I player or watch any tv so speed is not to essential to me

Thanks
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

2Mb packages are currently being upgraded to 2.5Mbit, so there is no rush for you unless you want to upgrade to higher speeds.

Kemal
-----

jbhaley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Post by jbhaley »

kbasat wrote:ADSL is still 250TL per year for 4Mbit.
Can you quote me a price for internet only please.
Thanks

skeeds2000
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Post by skeeds2000 »

Hi kbasat.

We had your engineers try and install your internet at our house and unfortunately they couldn't get a good enough signal even after lots of effort from the lads. We live at Kucuk Erenkoy. So my question is, are you going to be putting up more base stations or antennas where it might be possible for us to be able to use your service?

Regards

skeeds2000

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

jbhaley wrote:
kbasat wrote:ADSL is still 250TL per year for 4Mbit.
Can you quote me a price for internet only please.
Thanks
ADSL is internet its down the phoneline not wireless

dandelite
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Post by dandelite »

Multimax is a totally professional outfit. I have called them at 2000 hrs on a Sunday and they have effected
a solution to my internet issues. They are courteous and the girls in the Girne office are friendly and professional.
They beat V*rg*n internet in UK hands down!! Thanks Multimax!

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Post by belle »

Keithcaley wrote:ailletoo,

Sorry, that was my fault - they're not standard 'smileys' on this board, so I keep 'em somewhere else & just 'link' to them when required.

Problem was, I'd been doing a little 'house-keeping' and reorganised the directories, with the result that the link no longer pointed to the right place.

As I say, my fault entirely, so I confused you

stellasstar1:

1Mbt !

25% !

Or to put it another way, if you are downloading a very large file - say a Movie, for instance - then it would only take four fifths of the time to download at 5Mbt/s compared to 4Mbt/s.

That is assuming that wherever you are downloading from can actually spit it out that fast, and that every single part of the Internet between you and that 'source' can also cope...

Unless you are an 'Intensive' heavy user of bandwidth, you're not likely to notice any difference just doing 'normal', everyday stuff. The 5Mb/s UPLOAD speed would make a hell of a difference if you were uploading videos to YouTube, or something like that though.

Given that you don't appear to be too technical - from your previous posts - it doesn't seem to be too likely (to me ) that you would be doing anything that would benefit from the difference
Keith, you are clearly one of the more intelligent and honest posters on all of the forums would you explain to me exactly what I would get with Multimax, will I get bbc and itv and if the answer is yes, can they be recorded if I am out. Thanking you in advance.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

ask multimax am sure there the best people to check with

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Post by belle »

andrew4232 wrote:ask multimax am sure there the best people to check with

Thank you Andrew but I have asked Keith as I am sure he will know the answer.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sorry about that Andrew!

belle, with a Multimax internet package, you should be able to get all UK TV 'Free-to-Air' programmes - BBC and ITV included, from the websites of the individual TV companies.

I generally record programmes to watch the next day, as then I don't have to sit up 'till 2a.m. while a late film finishes.

BBC iPlayer has a built-in facility to 'download' (i.e. record on your computer's hard drive') so that you can watch later, and as 'Groucho' mentioned somewhere recently, http://www.filmon.com/ has a recording facility on all channels. How to record on 'filmon' is explained in their support section. While BBC iPlayer is very tolerant of erratic connections while 'downloading', I'm not sure whether the other methods are - you'd need to try it and see.

Often, you can watch live with no problems, but at other rimes, the actual website belonging to BBC, ITV or whoever gets so busy that it cannot cope, and you can get the problem of 'buffering' - I would reiterate that this is NOT caused by your Internet provider - it's 'the other end'

There are obviously other local issues, that can cause a 'less than perfect' performance as well - your computer, router (if you have one), local interference, and the configuration of your equipment.

Multimax also currently stream BBC1 and ITV1 direct from their own servers here: http://www.mmcyp.com/index.php?option=c ... 56&lang=en in addition to the above - these are usually free of buffering, as Multimax have more control over the 'transmission path' - but do bear in mind that nothing is certain in life, apart from Death & Taxes

The NTV system being marketed is entirely separate to all of the above, and you should contact Multimax for details, and ask how to see a 'demonstration', as Andrew has suggested.

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Post by belle »

Keithcaley wrote:Sorry about that Andrew!

belle, with a Multimax internet package, you should be able to get all UK TV 'Free-to-Air' programmes - BBC and ITV included, from the websites of the individual TV companies.

I generally record programmes to watch the next day, as then I don't have to sit up 'till 2a.m. while a late film finishes.

BBC iPlayer has a built-in facility to 'download' (i.e. record on your computer's hard drive') so that you can watch later, and as 'Groucho' mentioned somewhere recently, http://www.filmon.com/ has a recording facility on all channels. How to record on 'filmon' is explained in their support section. While BBC iPlayer is very tolerant of erratic connections while 'downloading', I'm not sure whether the other methods are - you'd need to try it and see.

Often, you can watch live with no problems, but at other rimes, the actual website belonging to BBC, ITV or whoever gets so busy that it cannot cope, and you can get the problem of 'buffering' - I would reiterate that this is NOT caused by your Internet provider - it's 'the other end'

There are obviously other local issues, that can cause a 'less than perfect' performance as well - your computer, router (if you have one), local interference, and the configuration of your equipment.

Multimax also currently stream BBC1 and ITV1 direct from their own servers here: http://www.mmcyp.com/index.php?option=c ... 56&lang=en in addition to the above - these are usually free of buffering, as Multimax have more control over the 'transmission path' - but do bear in mind that nothing is certain in life, apart from Death & Taxes

The NTV system being marketed is entirely separate to all of the above, and you should contact Multimax for details, and ask how to see a 'demonstration', as Andrew has suggested.
Keith, thank you for that in-depth explanation, I think I understand now

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”