help for technophobe please!

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Kazzy2437
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

help for technophobe please!

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Kazzy2437 »

Hi -can anyone offer advice.

I have purchased a new smart tv locally and have subscribed to multimax (platinum)....with a view to watching tv streamed from the internet.

However, I can access the tv fine on my laptop/ipad....but cant get it set up on my new tele!!! when I get to the website I get a message that I need to update adobe flash plug in....and when I try and do so I get another message telling me that the flash player is not available for my devices operating system or browser!!!

Have tried unsuccessfully to install a different browser (chrome)....and am now clueless....got a big, bad ass tv and still watching tele on the ipad!!!!

Can any one offer advice please?

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: help for technophobe please!

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Is the TV Sony?

You cannot load flash player to a Sony TV.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by cypruselectronics »

Hi,
First of all I prefer you to check your firmware version if it's up-to-date.
If it doesn't online update you can find support from official web site of your TV.
Second you can check your problem from youtube or forums with your detailed TV model.

Better to write your TV model here to get some support.

Kazzy2437
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Kazzy2437 »

Thanks for your guidance.....the TVs is a samsung

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Kazzy2437 wrote:Thanks for your guidance.....the TVs is a samsung
Model number would help. Most newer samsung TV's that have web browsers do support flash as far as I know. Checking for updates as suggested by cypruselectronics is worth doing. On the TV bring up the main menu - somewhere in one of the sections (which section varies according to exact model) there will be an option to check for updates. If you can give an model number for you TV I might be able to offer more specific advise.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Does anyone have "showtime" on their android box for T.V? Mine has gone tits up and don't know how to uninstall then re-install the app. Besides after viewing many posts online, seems many, many people are experiencing the same problems with "server error" or "video not available" and "captcha" appearing. and despite uninstalling and re-installing, state that nothing has changed. Problem only occurred after doing their last before one, update.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi Bethany,
Mine disappeared as well, I tried re-installing the earlier version (which I had a copy of) but no joy.
Like you, I then found out online that it appeared to have stopped working for everyone else!
I now just use a Kodi addon, which works perfectly well - see Navek's thread on installing Kodi and its addons....

》》》addendum《《《《 - I just saw the helpful reply on your other post, so I'll try that

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

My friend had a technician around yesterday and he popped in to mine and checked the android etc. He then changed it from remote control handset to wireless mouse and showbox appeared to be working well. However, once he left, it was back to same problems plus I now have lost my status bar so cannot halt the movies or move them along etc; Pain in the butt and the sound is on the remote, which took me a while to figure out. I still need to uninstall and re-install showbox so am looking for help. Does anyone know of a tutor cos I wanna learn basic skills and showbox etc;?

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”