Roku Streaming Stick

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Roku Streaming Stick

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Does anyone know if a Roku Streaming Stick will work in northern Cyprus? I want to get UK TV channels. I know I'll need a VPN but want to make sure this device works before I buy it. If not this one does anyone recommend other devices that work well? Thank you, Jane M

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Roku Streaming Stick

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Roku devices are notoriously 'tricky' to set up to work with a VPN service or equivalent service I am afraid. They can be used with such but it is not a straight forward as say setting up a VPN on a windows laptop. If you used a paid for VPN service I would check their support info and see if they have specific support for Roku devices. If you are hoping to use the roku with say the free VPN service that MM provides for its customers then the simple answer would be it can not be used with such I am afraid.

As far as recommending a device that is not easy to do either. It is kind of like asking what is the best car to buy. Well it depends on so many other questions about what and how you want to use it and even then it is just an opinion at the end of the day. I could say what I do and what works for me but that may not be the right solution for you.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Roku Streaming Stick

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

A simple straightforward solution is to buy an Android box, already set up for use here, with simple instructions from 'Satellite Cyprus' (the boxes do use the internet, not satellite!) - you will find them easily using the Forum search facility. I have a couple of them ( as well as other devices for watching TV) and they do the job fine.

Not the cheapest solution, but they do definitely work.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”