TV reception problems yet again

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

muffin1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TV reception problems yet again

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by muffin1 »

For about the 5th time this week we are told that there are problems with TTNET from Turkey. Why aren't they looking to sue the Turkish company for not providing a service that is contracted for?

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: TV reception problems yet again

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

I spoke to someone at MM at about 16:15 and they told me that the problem in Turkey had been solved !!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

For starters, the Turkish Telecommunications Minister claimed that the fibre cable had been damaged in Romania!

...and secondly, as TTNET are the one and only possible supplier of internet access to TRNC, they simply refuse to sign a contract which would involve them paying penalties - it's a 'take it, or leave it' situation - there's no other supplier to go to! (Or, for the pedantics among you, 'there's no other supplier to which to go'.)

Erol did post a statement to this effect, but I can't be bothered to look it up - if you want to read it, you'll have to use the forum search facility Image

steve66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by steve66 »

I have just spoke to MM now as my internet is less than 1mbps.
They tell me there is a problem with ttnet still

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

We have been told the same by extend.

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

Geordie wrote:I have just spoke to MM now as my internet is less than 1mbps.
They tell me there is a problem with ttnet still
So why did they tell me (male this time) that the problem had been solved ?

Absolute crap company. When o when will another company come along and give them some Compertition ?

Has MR MM completed his investigations yet ?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Msg 6, have you spoken to the MD directly to seek his answer? Incidentally, there are other internet providers in the TRNC if you are so dissatisfied with the MM provision.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Thought you did use another (Z)company......perhaps saw it somewhere else....?

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Reception appears to be back to normal now.
Navek

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

had 3 text messages from M M in the past hour saying that there is still a problem. been going on since Wednesday!

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Keithcaley wrote:For starters, the Turkish Telecommunications Minister claimed that the fibre cable had been damaged in Romania!

...and secondly, as TTNET are the one and only possible supplier of internet access to TRNC, they simply refuse to sign a contract which would involve them paying penalties - it's a 'take it, or leave it' situation - there's no other supplier to go to! (Or, for the pedantics among you, 'there's no other supplier to which to go'.)

Erol did post a statement to this effect, but I can't be bothered to look it up - if you want to read it, you'll have to use the forum search facility Image
"This is the sort of thing up with which I will not put" (Winston Churchill) And should it not be pedants not pedantics ?

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

tomsteel wrote:Msg 6, have you spoken to the MD directly to seek his answer? Incidentally, there are other internet providers in the TRNC if you are so dissatisfied with the MM provision.

Yes, but they are ADSL. (4 meg max)

Been there !!!!!

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

All servers have problems this past week. I am sure MM are doing all they can to solve this problem, sent messages so I think we cannot keep blaming them for something that is out of their control.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I think message 3 sums up the lack of options available to any service provider in the TRNC. This has been explained a number of times in the past and unfortunately no matter which provider you use or even if there were more competition they are all reliant on whatever is delivered via Turkey.

I can understand this and appreciate the text messages received about the problems.....dont get this with my UK broadband provider.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ragged Robin wrote:....And should it not be pedants not pedantics ?
At this point I usually say "it all depends on how you define 'Pedantic'..." - but I think that you've got me there!

Regards, Keith.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Well it's ok now because there is yet another football match on, how long does this competition go on for ???

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

jllvehdist wrote: So why did they tell me (male this time) that the problem had been solved ?
Because it was probably solved the moment you called. The problems we have been facing over the past few days are totally out of our control. We have no idea or control over these problems. They are intermittent and comes and goes. So it is possible it was better the moment you called and then went bad again.
jllvehdist wrote:Absolute crap company. When o when will another company come along and give them some Compertition ?
Its easy to blame when you absolutely have no idea under what circumstances we are forced to work. If you feel bad about recent problems, we are feeling it thousands times more for every one of our customers. Unfortunately nothing we control or can do for this particular problem.
jllvehdist wrote:Has MR MM completed his investigations yet ?
Investigation is almost complete, I will post something up soon on a new topic.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

I would think its to do with over subscription & whenever there is a sudden surge to watch a major football or any other programme then there is not enough coverage! For sure we won't be paying a years subscription up front to whichever company we use!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”