NTV playing up AGAIN, AGAIN all week now.

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

NTV playing up AGAIN, AGAIN all week now.

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Picture and sound freezing every few seconds, totally unwatchable. Speed test showing: Download speed 2.42 Mbps and Upload speed 3.81 Mbps. Not bad considering I pay for the MM Premier package.
This has been the case all week, freezing and buffering and at first I put it down to all the sport on tv with everybody logging on to watch. But we are getting this problem even first thing in the morning when there's no sport showing on the TV.
Haven't had the usual text from MM informing that link/pipeline has been damaged, so it would seem all is ok there.

I have sent a ticket to MM explaining my problems and also emailed them. Awaiting reply.

Now awaiting the posts from the usual suspects " friends of MM" informing one and all that is working ok at their end.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV playing up AGAIN, AGAIN all week now.

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

dap2410 wrote:Picture and sound freezing every few seconds, totally unwatchable. Speed test showing: Download speed 2.42 Mbps and Upload speed 3.81 Mbps. Not bad considering I pay for the MM Premier package.
This has been the case all week, freezing and buffering and at first I put it down to all the sport on tv with everybody logging on to watch. But we are getting this problem even first thing in the morning when there's no sport showing on the TV.
Haven't had the usual text from MM informing that link/pipeline has been damaged, so it would seem all is ok there.

I have sent a ticket to MM explaining my problems and also emailed them. Awaiting reply.

Now awaiting the posts from the usual suspects " friends of MM" informing one and all that is working ok at their end.
Amendment to my above post:
I submitted this post at 2.07pm. And received a text from MM 2.24pm saying the usual, that they were experiencing network issues.

I have been have the problem of freezing/Buffeting since 6am this morning. Things have improved, but the picture is still freezing/ buffeting.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Hi I dont know where you are but I am just outside Tatlisu. Been watching the box since 5pm with no problems so far. Sorry you are experiencing problems
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Lots of internet problems generally the last few days.

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

dap2410 wrote:Picture and sound freezing every few seconds, totally unwatchable. Speed test showing: Download speed 2.42 Mbps and Upload speed 3.81 Mbps. Not bad considering I pay for the MM Premier package.

I thought you were a user of the unmentionable TV system ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

jllvehdist wrote:...I thought you were a user of the unmentionable TV system ?
Would that be the one that had their own secret method of bypassing TTNET issues then? Image

Oh dear, shouldn't really mock the afflicted...

...it is fun though

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

Keithcaley wrote:
jllvehdist wrote:...I thought you were a user of the unmentionable TV system ?
Would that be the one that had their own secret method of bypassing TTNET issues then? Image

Oh dear, shouldn't really mock the afflicted...

...it is fun though
It seems to work for me Keith !!!!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

jllvehdist wrote:...It seems to work for me Keith !!!!!
Our friend may have a local issue affecting his internet connection, then.

Every day, issues develop, and you can't always assume that they are due to a 'general problem'.

I found that out a couple of months ago, when mmx reported a TTNET issue, and so I didn't bother to report my particular problem. It was only after the issue was said to be resolved, and I was still having trouble, that I rang,

When the technician came, he stood on my roof, and pointed out to me that someone had gone and built a HOUSE (!) between my dish and the Merit base station. I never saw that one coming!

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

Keithcaley wrote:
jllvehdist wrote:...It seems to work for me Keith !!!!!
Our friend may have a local issue affecting his internet connection, then.

Every day, issues develop, and you can't always assume that they are due to a 'general problem'.

I found that out a couple of months ago, when mmx reported a TTNET issue, and so I didn't bother to report my particular problem. It was only after the issue was said to be resolved, and I was still having trouble, that I rang,

When the technician came, he stood on my roof, and pointed out to me that someone had gone and built a HOUSE (!) between my dish and the Merit base station. I never saw that one coming!
I had a similar thing last Monday, there is nothing wrong etc.etc.

Sent an engineer who I was told spoke no English !

Was here 3 minutes, I said is there anything wrong he said yes your roof Ariel in F--k-D , must be the same in English as it is in Turkish.

Please don't take offence Posh !!!!!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

No offence taken....it was a broken roof aerial.

Happens a lot I believe.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”