TV, DVD Set up & Advice and help re British TV

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Rafferty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TV, DVD Set up & Advice and help re British TV

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Rafferty »

Hello, I am looking for an expert who can help me set up my TV, DVD, Video with a TV Box and possibly TV with a dish.

I do not know how it works in the TRNC so any advice greatly appreciated.

I will require a skilled person to visit my house in Karsiyaka to fix it all up and explain it to me.

I did find someone called SAMBOY on this Forum as it looked like he did things like this but I have sent two messages
and have not heard anything so can only presume he is not active on here anymore or does not do this sort of thing.

Thank you.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: TV, DVD Set up & Advice and help re British TV

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Samboy is active on the forum, however it is possible your private message or email may have gone astray. He is helpful so suggest try and contact him again. He does have a day job so if he is really busy may not be on the forum.

I am pretty sure other members swill come up with help and advice.

Good luck
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I've just done exactly that and also live in Karsiyaka, having also asked for help on the forum only to be told to have ago at doing it myself. I bought a MAG 254 (through Amazon in the UK) and then took it to ACDINC in Karakum (bit of a drive I know), 3 doors along from KAR shop. 0533 877 2757. Really helpful guy who speaks English. I use Multimax for the internet and then signed up for an NTV TV service online (all the channels including Sky) before I took the box in to ACDINC. I just gave him my sign in for NTV and he downloaded whatever software was needed (he charged 80tl) and all I had to do was plug the box into the router and an hdmi lead to my TV. It works a treat and you can do catch up TV as well.

Spud50
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Spud50 »

Acdunc is not in same parade as KAR shop but a little further along towards Catalkoyin the same set of shops as Stroll Inn and Funky Divaz hairdressers. Very easy to find.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Hector wrote:I've just done exactly that and also live in Karsiyaka, having also asked for help on the forum only to be told to have ago at doing it myself. I bought a MAG 254 (through Amazon in the UK) and then took it to ACDINC in Karakum (bit of a drive I know), 3 doors along from KAR shop. 0533 877 2757. Really helpful guy who speaks English. I use Multimax for the internet and then signed up for an NTV TV service online (all the channels including Sky) before I took the box in to ACDINC. I just gave him my sign in for NTV and he downloaded whatever software was needed (he charged 80tl) and all I had to do was plug the box into the router and an hdmi lead to my TV. It works a treat and you can do catch up TV as well.

When you signed up to the NTV TV service online how much was it? Cheapest I could find was 159 Euros for 180 days.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you are a Multimax customer, then you get quite a few 'Free' UK channels - enough to watch the soaps, News, etc...

You can use either a PC/laptop, or a Mag box, or an android or other device (raspberry pi for instance) running Kodi with the NTV addon...

Rafferty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Rafferty »

Thank you so much for all our help, I will let you know how I get on

Pammiemac13
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Pammiemac13 »

Hi can anyone please help me....i am totalky useless when it comes to TV's fire sticks etc, i have just got a new tv and am tryung to get the fire stick to work so I can watch tv but am struggling. CAn anyone give me very clear instructions on how to sort ut, many thanks, pam

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”