KODI MXQPro

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

KODI MXQPro

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have very recently purchased the above and had installedjust over a week ago and can honestly say its the most unuser friendly, most complicated, hateful piece of equipment I have every tried to master in my life. I hate the thing and am very close to ripping it out of the router ad jumping on it from a great height. 'Whether its a case of the bloke who installed it trying to be clever and overloading the system with a load of total unnecessary stuff I dont know, but its only a matter of a few more days and its going to be going on the For Sale Section!!

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: KODI MXQPro

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

You are not suffering alone Sophie. My new box is still in one piece....just. Totally frustrated by my new box!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Mastered all the News channels, but not via KODI but can't work out how the make my personal choice into Favourites.
Mastered all the sports channels but not via KODI but one of the other 6 other thingies which appear on the home page.
In a moment of sheer frustration I actually managed to get a video on from beginning to end but never managed to find the Videos again and what there were were mostly horrible films I wouldn't give house room to. Very nearly going back to the days of having a laptop plugged into TV and watching NTV, FilmOn, iPlayer and ITV The Hub. Happy Days

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

When you fire up kodi what version is it ?Is it 16.1 Jarvis
What build of operating system is being run on kodi
do you have S.A.L.T.S & Exodus on offer in the build ?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

To save to favourites in Kodi ,
select item
press menu on key pad ( if you have a querty keyboard remote its C) you should see a drop down menu.
select add to favourites

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Wanderer, when I fire up, Kodi is just one of the list of 9 names or icons which appear along the bottom of the screen. Together with large pictures which say Pictures, Apps, and god only knows what else. See what I mean, I'm sure there has been much more installed than I need. Although the guy that installed it says it came with the Kodi package.!!

I have both a zapper and a querty keyboard and actually I find the zapper more user friendly, if anything is, that is!!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

What happens when you click on the kodi icon does a program open up
This is a how to watch see what you think

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Sophie it sounds like it needs setting up to be more user friendly and personal to you, there are some instructions in the computer section with links to you tube videos which make it easy to follow

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 46&t=30171

https://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

kerry I think you are absolutely correct. The UK guy who brought over from UK is a computer geek and assumes everyone else is the same!! According to web site is the very latest Kodi with most up to date system. Other people I have spoken to say that when they switch on, all there is on the screen is a large picture of a Kodi, when I switch on it is a mass of other icons and the Kodi is just one of them. Id still love to see if I could get iPlayer and I sort of did once by accident, but all I got was a error message.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

You dont need to use kodi , you can use play store to download bbc i player and Film on apps from the google playstore.
I use Hola vpn to use iplayer, film on for live uk tv ,kodi for movies and tv series.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

kerry, did think I might try as you said, but this morning the Kodi icon has disappeared from the screen. Later on I might dismantle the thing, count 15secs and reboot, alternatively I might count 15 and then chuck it as far as I can into the ravine, depending on my mood at the time.

IPA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by IPA »

If you find Kodi difficult to use , try the Navi-X addon. Its great for navigating around and easy to use favs etc

see for more info https://www.tvaddons.ag/kodi-addons/show/script.navi-x/

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Just use the app Mobdro for all TV, News & Sport and Showbox for films and TV series. With ShowBox, most films/TV can de downloaded so you can watch with no buffering later, just remember to delete them when you have watched to free up space.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”