Tv reception is rubbish

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tv reception is rubbish

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Every night a problem with tv especially on Saturdays it seems tonight it is unwatchable again and I reckon mm are not paying for the bandwidth but of course we never get the truth from them but they seem eager to raise the subscription

Spud50
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Tv reception is rubbish

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Spud50 »

We have Ntv through a mag box and it has been buffering terribly over the last couple of days. We also have another box through which we stream tv and that isn't buffering so perhaps it's not the internet which is the problem.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

No problem with most of what we have have been getting through our Kodi.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

michelle wrote:Every night a problem with tv especially on Saturdays it seems tonight it is unwatchable again and I reckon mm are not paying for the bandwidth but of course we never get the truth from them but they seem eager to raise the subscription
Hi, I don't know whereabouts you are located, but I'm in Alsancak, and we've been watching TV all night - MM is our ISP also.

We haven't been watching 'live' TV, although we've been streaming, not watching pre-downloaded stuff, so it might be the UK servers at the TV companies which can't handle the load, but there certainly seems to be plenty of bandwidth (speed) between TRNC and the rest of the World... - I have had problems like that when I've been in the UK, with a fast BT connection, and that was due to the BBC servers. We use Kodi as well, but that shouldn't make any difference, if the bandwidth is available, it's available, no matter what device you use. Are you watching via NTV? - if so, it might be them

Try a few different channels to see if they're all the same, if some are OK, then it's probably some of the UK servers, but if they're all bad, then you need to check your connection speed to the MM server in Kyrenia on their website.

If you're getting less than 4Mb download speed, they will treat it as a fault & you should insist that they investigate the actual cause and rectify it. Best to contact them while you are actually having the problem, because if you wait until the next day, and the problem is no longer occurring, then they'll never find it!

Good luck!

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

We have a good reception until around 7pm,this is on my mag box,our speed test shows above 4mbps but still bad most evenings

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

michelle wrote:We have a good reception until around 7pm,this is on my mag box,our speed test shows above 4mbps but still bad most evenings
Hi, you didn't mention which TV provider you are using - if it's NTV, then it does look like a problem with their systems - there's a thread on the subject here.

Do you have any other device that you could test TV reception on? - say a laptop or a desktop computer or even a 'Phone or a Tablet that you could use to take a look at FilmOn to see whether that works OK? - You could then also try NTV on that device also, - that would help to narrow it down...

This may not apply to you, but... Bear in mind that if you're using WiFi, then your device needs to be fairly close to the router, or else other equipment (even a neighbour's!) can interfere - perhaps they switch their gear on at 7pm

There are so many things that can go wrong with TV over the internet that it's a miracle that it ever works! - and it can be a bugger to pinpoint the cause...

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Bt sport is total crap freezing continually

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”