TV System

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Poppy+1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TV System

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Poppy+1 »

I’m looking at a system with UK programmes plus Sky channels.
Have seen some advertised i.e

Multi Max
Arriva
DS Expat TV
Nethouse

Has anyone any recommendations on these or other companies, also their customer service / aftercare

Thank you
Poppy+1

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: TV System

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Just to be clear Multimax do not have or offer any 'TV systems'. We (I work for Multimax) sell internet connections.

In the broadest general terms if 'reliability' of (English language) TV is of greater priority to you than flexibility and range of content as well as cost, then you want a satellite based TV system (like digi turk or d-smart or Bein etc etc ). If you are willing to accept lower 'reliability' as a trade off against larger and more flexible choice of content and potentially lower cost, then an internet based TV service or services may be more suitable for you. Or you can cover both bases and seek to have both but obviously at a cost disadvantage.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

I've been using NTV with a MAG254 for a few years now, via the internet.
Works fine, 50 plus channels have catch up too, inc Sky Sports 1&2
Various packages...
https://ntv.mx/?c=2&a=0&p=10
There are cheaper suppliers out there.
Someone should be along soon with other deals

Poppy+1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Poppy+1 »

Thank you for the replies

Yes I would prefer reliable, this would require satellite dish ? and the other option is dish free but not so reliable and just internet based.
Please could you tell me where Digiturk d-smart or Bein are located or an e-mail address to see what they have on offer and any other company which deal in either option so I can get a comparison.

Do the company’s supply and fit do you know.

Thank you
Last edited by Poppy+1 on Sat 01 Apr 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poppy+1

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Take a look at the TV & Satellite section of the Forum, you will find loads of discussion and information on the merits of the various systems and suppliers.

One that you may want to consider is Satellite Cyprus, who deal with both internet based, and dish based systems, and are a local Company, which is handy if you need any technical support!

Poppy+1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Poppy+1 »

I have checked the information on the Forum under TV & Satellite section as suggested and have looked at various packages, Ds expat offers all UK and Sky channels which is what I am looking for and they are local.

You need a TV box, Internet connection and pay a yearly subscription for TV package and yearly internet package.

Has anyone got this setup and what are your comments please on

How quick is installation

Connection Reliability

Customer Service and Aftercare

How long do you wait before a call out is made same day or next day if experiencing a problem

Is 24 hour help line readily available more importantly contactable !!!!!

What is Technical support like

As with anything, any package I chose it will be expensive and I need to know the best one to go with.

I am still looking at the other recommendations.

Thank you
Poppy+1

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Poppy...... see the following thread for some useful information

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 39#p179739

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I have d-smart. It doesn't show actual UK channels but there are channels that show the popular TV series (mostly US based e.g. Homeland, Walking Dead, etc), all the Discovery channels, cookery, travel and living. There are 10 (mostly) English language movie channels which shows up-to-date films, plus news (BBC World, CNN, Aljazeera) and sports (English Premier League, F1, etc). There are also loads of music channels. After initial installation (box and satellite dish) we pay just 299TL per annum for the full package. There isn't an actual d-smart shop but various agents that supply it. We use Hay-Pem in Alsancak.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”