Anyone use a Slingbox for Sky TV?

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Anyone use a Slingbox for Sky TV?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

It's been suggested that I could buy a Slingbox and attach it to my Sky+HD box at home in the UK and then, through my laptop here, over the internet watch Sky TV, making use of the packages I'm paying for in the UK.

I've tried in depth researching, viz Youtube but the Slingbox seems to me to be 'old hat' and may not work.

Has anyone had any experience of using a Slingbox or actually using one as suggested to me?

Advice welcomed.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Anyone use a Slingbox for Sky TV?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Why don't you just use sky go with a vpn,no cost involved either.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

I use a sling box connected to my sky box in the UK it works fine not as good quality sometimes as Sky Go but then not too much buffering either

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Excuse my ignorance. Can you download Sky Go to a laptop and link it to your UK Sky TV account?

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

You don't exactly "download" Sky Go; you just need to first sign up on this page, and then (when you want) go to the Sky Go site and sign on, using your username and password.
Unfortunately, Sky Go no longer works on the latest version of Firefox (and for me, Google Chrome or Opera) - it appears that Internet Explorer is best - it works well for me, as long as I use a VPN!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”