Problem watching NTV on laptop

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problem watching NTV on laptop

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by ifonly »

WE have a new (ish) laptop and at the weekend I wanted to watch NTV (we are with MM) in the garden. So I signed out of the desktop NTV and then signed in on the laptop. But I cannot watch any channels - the circle just keeps spinning and then "Server times out" message appears. We sometimes get " Cannotload M3U8:unable to fetch HTTP resource over HTTPS" message then the "Server time out" message comes up.
Have tried various browsers (which is what MM/NTV advised us) but still no joy at all. But it is working ok on the desk top (which is connected to tv). It is also the same (not now watchable) on an older laptop which we used to regularly watch NTV on.
Anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Problem watching NTV on laptop

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Did you check that this laptop was still connected to your router and receiving a good strong signal while you had it out in the garden - and not connected to (or attempting to connect to) a neighbour's WiFi? - You'd be surprised how often that happens! One of my neighbours tried to print something, and it came out of my printer! - My fault obviously, for not properly securing the printer connection...

The point is, that a neighbour may have an 'open' wifi connection, which will allow you to access the internet, but if they're not using Multimax, then NTV won't think that you're allowed to view NTV channels if you try to use their connection to watch telly

Also, did you test it in the house, near to your own router, to see whether it worked OK there, or not?

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”