NTV on a smart tv

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

NTV on a smart tv

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

We have recently upgraded our TV to a smart one, however I'm not that IT smart and wondered if we could load NTV directly on the TV rather than plugging a laptop into it? I've tried searching via the TV web browser however it keeps showing foreign options and not UK, I assume it's because the TV is registered as being located in Cyprus. Any advice would be welcome.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV on a smart tv

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by cypruselectronics »

Hi,

If you have m3u file on your computer or the compatible link from your system you can download "SMART IP TV" application which gives 1 week trial and then nee 5.49 euro one time payment for lifetime usage in your TV.

another option you can download "SS IP TV" which is free of charge and this utility also supports same format with SMART IP TV application..

then you can add your list with link or file from the programs web site...

p.s. Your smart TV should be Samsung or LG brand or any android model...

I hope it will helps...

have a nice weekend...

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Many thanks for the response, the TV is a Grundig but as for the rest of your info I'm sorry I didn't understand any of it, my question was can I load NTV direct to the TV via the TV browser without connecting a laptop to it. Many thanks.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If the Smart TV operating system is Android, then NTV will not run direct from the web browser.

If it doesn't use Android, then it may be possible, you would need to try it - go to NTV.MX and login with your NTV username and password.

If the TV does use the Android operating system, you would need to install KODI, and then add the official NTV add-on for KODI - this is available from the NTV website, or from official KODI add-on websites.

So, I think that answers your question as to 'whether it can be done' - but if you didn't understand my answer, or don't know how to implement it, then it may not help much...

Personally, I think that you're far better off with a £30 box dedicated to the job, either an Android Box or a Raspberry Pi running suitable (free) software, rather than trying to use a Smart TV for the job, because technology is moving so fast that by the time that you buy your TV, a new operating system has probably superseded the one installed in your TV, and Smart T.V.'s have a limited amount of processing power, memory etc.

I keep giving this advice, and folks just ignore me, but there you go...

If you don't know what operating system your TV uses, the information may be in the 'specifications' section of your user manual, or on the manufacturer's website, I think that Grundig did start to use Android in their Smart T.V.'s from 2015 onwards, but that would have been a rather outdated version of Android by now which can't run the latest version of KODI - & I'm not sure whether the information will be in English or Turkish, as Grundig is now wholly owned by Arçelik, although Google Translate should help there.

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Many Thanks Keith, as always a very informative response, we do have an android box with Mobdro installed however more often than not we seem to link into Filmon which of course stops every few minutes, maybe we need to buy an updated box.

Thanks Gary

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

gary&shirley wrote:Many Thanks Keith, as always a very informative response, we do have an android box with Mobdro installed however more often than not we seem to link into Filmon which of course stops every few minutes, maybe we need to buy an updated box.

Thanks Gary
You don't need to change your android box, just install KODI on it, if it doesn't already have it, and then add the NTV add-on to KODI.

If the android box is running an earlier version of the Android operating system than 15.0, then it won't run the very latest version of KODI (17.1) but all of the earlier KODI versions are still available to download and install from the official KODI website - I would suggest that you go for version 16.1

There are loads of YouTube instructional videos which demonstrate how to download and set up KODI, and how to add the add-ons

As for accidentally clicking on a FilmOn link on Mobdro, you can immediately see that it's a FilmOn link, 'cos of the logo at the top right corner of the screen, - just click on another link!

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Hi Keith, I'm sure you have been asked this question before, however I will ask again, if I don't want to rely on an internet connection is there a reliable satellite system that shows UK stations?

Regards Gary

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

gary&shirley wrote:Hi Keith, I'm sure you have been asked this question before, however I will ask again, if I don't want to rely on an internet connection is there a reliable satellite system that shows UK stations?

Regards Gary
Yes, contact Paul Allred or Gwynn at Satellite Cyprus - good products and excellent aftercare.

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Many Thanks Keith, will contact them after the current holiday.

Regards Gary

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by cypruselectronics »

Hi Gary,

I read the help full comments. And I also want to add some more information about satellite systems.

You've asked "is there a reliable satellite system that shows UK stations?"

No way in Cyprus. You cannot get any signal with the satellite dish about the UK TV's.

You can only get English commentary movies,documentary,kids,news,some sport and music channels from some satellites.

some important ones BBC HD, BBC Lifestyle HDBBC Brit, Sundance HD,ID(INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY),BBC Earth HD, Sky News,CBS Reality,Realtime, H2(History 2 HD),History HD,Natiaona Geographic HD,National Geographic People HD, National Geographic Wild HD, Discovery Science HD, Discovery Life HD .

For the movies in English; HBO HD,HBO 2 HD,HBO3 HD,CINEMAX HD,CINEMAX 2 HD,AMC,CBS EUROPA,CANAL + FILM HD,CANAL + HD,CANAL +1 HD,CANAL +FAMILY HD,ACTION HD,FILMBOX FAMILY HD,RAI MOVIE HD,PARAMOUNT CHANNEL HD

For the serials in English; FOX HD, FOX COMEDY HD,UNIVERSAL HD,13 ULICA HD,AXN HD,TNT HD,CRIME DISTRICT HD,CRIME AND INVESTIGATION, TOPCRIME,SCI FI UNIVERSAL,COMEDY CENTRAL HD

and the other ones as well about kids,sports,music.

these are works with satellite dish and satellite box system and Hotbird or Thor satellites have them all.

I hope it will helps.

regards.

Enver

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dan »

Uninstall mobdro from your BOX and then reinstall from play store and UK channels are now not connected to film on.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

dan wrote:Uninstall mobdro from your BOX and then reinstall from play store and UK channels are now not connected to film on.
dan, I could be wrong (unlikely, I know! ) but I don't think that Mobdro is available from the Play Store - it needs to be downloaded direct from the Mobdro download site - although I believe that their server is down at the moment - just temporarily, I hope!

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dan »

Apologies, you are right Keith,not obtainable from play store only from Mobdro website.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”