yet again low speed multimax

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

yet again low speed multimax

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gates »

we have as i said before up graded to 6mg to get more speed yesterday and today rubbish speed hard to send a email what a load of rubbish this service is just the same old excuse turkey problem i wonder if mr multimax is having the same problem 1000 to 1 he anit
Has any body found a co that when you pay 1200 plus tl it is better please advise as not going back to this one
When i asked do we get extra days because of the problem you guess what the answer was

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: yet again low speed multimax

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Every day the same old same old ttnet and they can't give them a time it will be resolved

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Couldn't agree more and before anyone says anything, yes I know 'it's Northern Cyprus' !!

I also pay in excess of 1200TL and spend more time speaking to MM online than I do utilising my Platinum Service. Same again with everyone, TTNet's problem but when will TTNet get it right ?? I can only assume MM pay TTNet to provide a service and if MM don't get that service then MM compensated or am I completely off the mark.

I come up for renewal in a couple of months but don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire as they say

Suggestions anyone ??
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

lee666 wrote:I can only assume MM pay TTNet to provide a service and if MM don't get that service then MM compensated or am I completely off the mark.
Yes MM pays TTnet for a service, yes right now MM is not receiving what it has paid for and that is affecting all our customer but no we do not have a SLA (service level agreement) with TTnet that provides any compensation when TTnet failed to meet minimum standards. Such SLA would be normal in a worldwide context for the kind of service we buy from TTnet but here they are not normal. If we could use an alternative supplier of these services we would but there is no such alternative currently in NC.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Erol, thank you for your reply & honesty.

Still down now at under 1 Mbps for almost two days running, needless to say TTnet wouldn't survive back in the UK with such a below average service to its customers. I thought Sky & BT were bad on occasions but TTnet kind of win hands down.

Once again thank you.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Must admit...our MM connection has been very "iffy" now for over 10 days or so.

Hope it wont interfere with Game of Thrones catch up tomorrow evening and episode 4 on Monday!

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

lee666 wrote:Couldn't agree more and before anyone says anything, yes I know 'it's Northern Cyprus' !!

I also pay in excess of 1200TL and spend more time speaking to MM online than I do utilising my Platinum Service. Same again with everyone, TTNet's problem but when will TTNet get it right ?? I can only assume MM pay TTNet to provide a service and if MM don't get that service then MM compensated or am I completely off the mark.

I come up for renewal in a couple of months but don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire as they say

Suggestions anyone ??
I've said this before when it comes up for renewal try someone else. Just commit yourself to three months, that way you get free installation and if it's no good you try another.

Don't commit to 12 months misery with one provider move around till you find someone that gives you what you want.

I know you might save a couple of lira by signing for a year but it's not worth it.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Multimax pays in excess of 80,000TL per MONTH in Internet fees to Turk Telekom (through Cyprus local telco)

We have not been getting the promised service for almost a month now, everyday we have had problems with them.

This is the case with all Internet Service Providers here.

We are not even allowed to complain about them most of the time because WE have to be nice with them as they are the ONLY upstream provider to North Cyprus.

All ISPs are fed up now, Internet Service Providers have just made an announcement yesterday.

We are investing so much money and time in our own infrastructures but our service quality can never be good enough because of our upstream provider.

Our customers are fed up, we are fed up.

We have been and are getting punishment for issues that are beyond our control, affected by a company who is supposed to be 1000 times bigger and better than us.

This is not fair to us and to our customers...

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

TTNet have a monopoly, full stop. They would soon change if they had competition from another supplier.

Just received the email from MM listing several email addresses customers of the ISP's can right to. After reading several threads on here re internet speeds, best ISP etc etc I feel wasting more of my time trying t get the service I currently pay for as a fruitless exercise. I'm stuck with what we have and life goes on

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I've noticed my net has been absolutely fantastic over the past two days or so, been able to stream the football in FULL HD without buffering. Normally the SD buffer's and hardly runs well.

Mentioned this to a cynical friend who put this down to my account being due for renewal shortly!

So I thought I'd post the question here, are people generally fining net speeds from multimax better of the past couple of days?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Said it before but at the end of the day all of the Internet providers here in the TRNC are reliant on TTNet. Getting all foamy at the mouth will not help, writing or emailing a complaint to TTNet may help or at the very least make you feel a bit better.

Until this monopoly is changed or allowed to change then all of us have to just enjoy what we have. Unless of course we want to pay for a dedicated amount of the "pipe" which of course costs money.

To be honest on balance and taking all things into consideration it is a very good service.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Posh, just a small point...

Even if we pay our 'local' ISP for a dedicated 'ringfenced' connection, there is no guarantee that Turkish Telecom will deliver - it seems that at times they don't deliver what the ISP's are currently paying for anyway...

Better to send an angry email to TTNET and accept that that's the limit of our influence

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Keithcaley wrote:Posh, just a small point...

Even if we pay our 'local' ISP for a dedicated 'ringfenced' connection, there is no guarantee that Turkish Telecom will deliver - it seems that at times they don't deliver what the ISP's are currently paying for anyway...

Better to send an angry email to TTNET and accept that that's the limit of our influence
Good point Keith. Paying the extra for a ring fenced and so called dedicated service is as you say still no guarantee that TTNet will supply.

Angry email from "disgusted of North Cyprus" to TTNet is probably the best we as customers can do.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”