Uk TV

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Uk TV

•   Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

Hello
What are our best option for free Uk TV apart from BBC iplayer, sky Go ..... using VPN, thinking more about boxes, dish etc as we are only here for short period of time we do not want to pay for subscription until we are here for longer Period.
Any help will be appreciated

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Uk TV

•   Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

You can look at IPTV, paid or free. Even with a paid service, you are able to take the small android box with you wherever you go, or alternately have 2 boxes, one in the UK and one in cyprus, just making sure you're using one box at a time.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Amazon fire stick with terrarium TV AND/or kodi. It's free to install on a 74 quid fire TV or 34 pound Amazon fire Stick and is easy to do

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi The indicator,
This just came out yesterday...

THE BEST LIVE TV APK OF 2017 IS BACK !!
The best live tv APK is back and free for you, sports tv, live tv , kids sections.
For your android device and amazon products.

https://youtu.be/zt5t2g_kv4c

UKTV NOW info...
YouTube How To Video...
http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 10#p190210

Also

BEST ANDROID APK'S...
https://youtu.be/z9fgaH_sf20

Happy Viewing

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

Thanks for your responses, have for the time being registered with NTV so we can watch the free UK channels available from MM. shame about sports channels as we need to buy a subscription which is not worth it for us as we are here only for very short periods until we retire.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I take it that you are using a laptop, as you are able to watch NTV, and you didn't mention any other software...

If you install KODI on the laptop, there are various add-ons which will enable you to watch more or less any sport that you desire.

There is a bit of a learning curve to it, but if you take a look at the thread which Navek posts on, there are links to plenty of 'How To' videos on YouTube - it will keep you out of mischief for a while, if nothing else!

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

Thank you, did not know that you can dowanload Kodi to a laptop.
Will have a go

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I've got it running on a couple of Raspberry Pi modules amongst other things!

You can run it on almost anything

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

Tried Kodi on my laptop, did not have a clue what I was doing, will buy a Kodi box and get someone to load it up for me.
Cannot afford not to watch the World Cup next year.
When we come to leave for longer period going to get a satellite dish with subcription as I think this is the most reliable way of watching sports.

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

The indicator wrote:Tried Kodi on my laptop, did not have a clue what I was doing, will buy a Kodi box and get someone to load it up for me.
Cannot afford not to watch the World Cup next year.
When we come to leave for longer period going to get a satellite dish with subcription as I think this is the most reliable way of watching sports.
Get a MAG box and subscribe to an IPTV.

All this other download/upload is too much trouble, just plug it in and play.

A good IPTV (Not NTV) will give you more channels than you can watch in a lifetime.

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

Lodger, when you say a good IPTV not NTV which one do you use? I gave tried a few and always end up going back to NTV as they, for me, are the best of a bad lot.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Have sent PM

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

Bullsnil wrote:Lodger, when you say a good IPTV not NTV which one do you use? I gave tried a few and always end up going back to NTV as they, for me, are the best of a bad lot.
Sent you a PM.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Hi Lodger,
Would like to take your advice to subscribe to an IPTV I don't mind paying for a reliable service. Who do I get in touch with to subscribe?
Thanks in advance, regards Lyn

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Post by dan »

Lodger,pm me with the details of your good iptv please.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Hi Dan and Lyn

I have sent some info via PM

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Dave G, please post details of a good IPTV on the Forum for us all to see.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

PapaBravo wrote:Dave G, please post details of a good IPTV on the Forum for us all to see.
It may start with a Z so is unable to.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you Dave
Regards Lyn

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Lyn
Sent PM

Sultan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Sultan »

Also like to know your recommendation. Thanks.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Kerry,
, sorry to be obtuse, but I have no idea what you mean.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

PapaBravo wrote:Kerry,
There was a particular iptv service banned from using the site.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

It does not begin with W but I thought all IPTV providers were illegal and could not be posted but if Soner says it is ok I will post the address

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I've tried or friends have tried IPTV providers locally and most are not really up to scratch in their opinion.

Personally I use an IPTV provider not based in North Cyprus and have been doing so for the last 3 years.

The cost is not excessive, and they offer every channel with 3 options - Full HD, 720, and SD. generally speaking, SD will work 95% of the time, 720 - 60% and full HD perhaps 25-30% of the time.

All sport is available in english as well as other languages. I used the service for a month over the summer in the South and have used it in Africa ( I simply take my box where ever I go as it's a plug and play) without any issues. In the South full HD worked a treat.

As with anything it is reliant on your internet, however by using a good provider I've done as much as I can!

On the off chance it doesnt work, look for a stream on KODI, just means spending a good 10 to 20 minutes, and at a cost of less then £10 a month, I'd rather pay and only rely on Kodi when the net is really bad!

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

The best way to find out which service is most reliable is to ask your friends (in person) which service they use and how reliable it is.

You cannot be sure that recommendations made here are not from fly by night 'commission' agents trying to sell you a 'hookie' Android TV box and/or associated service.

Generally, using an 'official' company/business 'should' get you the best results. Deal with the 'here today and gone tomorrow' merchants and your money is only going one way

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I totally agree, you need to do research and find providers who have been around for a very long time.

This forum or similar forums are not the right place to go on the word of a seller or a recommendation. A simple google search will help you find forums that specifically deal with IPTV, forums that have been in existence for many years, where people advertising are constantly monitored for the service they provide by their customers.

Similarly you will find off a simple search best providers of IPTV services showing how long the company has been in existence. Personally I wouldn't buy from a general forum, find IPTV dedicated forums with a large member list, many providers offering their service where they are scrutinised if anything goes wrong.

The forum I use dates back some 6 years now, and most providers have threads with over 1000 responses with people being highly critical if the serice is bad.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

kerry 6138 wrote:
PapaBravo wrote:Kerry,
There was a particular iptv service banned from using the site.
The above is correct.

The IPTV supplier was banned from Kibkom last year for very good reason. Any posts mentioning the supplier, its services or contact details will be removed.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I was waiting of Soner to get back to me but it looks like it is ok to discuss IPTV service providers, I am not a commissioned fly by night salesman, I am a forum member trying to help another forum member with information requested, I may not be a personnel friend but I do try to be friendly.
The IPTV Service I have used for the last three years can be found at http://www.justiptv.com, the service has been very good as long as the Internet is working and over the last few months it has been good. Thank you MM.

RIP N W the friendly forum

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Seems very expensive, you should find a very good server for a quarter to half the price. Just do some research on google, all very easy!

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Be aware that there are numerous 'fly by night' Android box 'salesmen' who operate under the radar in North Cyprus who trawl Kibkom, other web sites and the local bars and restaurants, 'looking' for unsuspecting people to offer them 'free and helpful advice' , but ultimately recommending products and services that they receive a kickback from. I am sure that 'everyone' will agree with me when I say that 'this' throws a different light on the advice that they offer.

Many people are looking for the 'best' service at the 'cheapest' price - 'most' readers will 'not' be surprised to hear that these two things are usually, not compatible.

If you want a very good (not perfect) 'private' IPTV service and are willing not 'frightened' to pay for it, call us and we will go through your options with you.

Free advice from someone with a vested interest and a reputation to protect !

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Having had both NTV and the IPTV from SatelliteCyprus I would unequivocally recommend the latter. We had good service from NTV for several years, both here and in Turkey but the SatelliteCyprus service is far better and a similar price. Plus, of course, if we run into any problems there is someone on hand to sort it out as opposed to having to deal with it on-line which can have it's own problems!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Definitely stay away from agents if possible, go direct. Any pertaining to have servers running from N.Cyp I'd think twice too!
Most if not all agents make a mere 5 to 10% so will literally say anything to get a sale, given each sale will net them 10 to 20pounds, for them it's a numbers game.

Google and go direct...as for price, obviously you pay for what you get. However many people will use that phrase and quote ridiculous prices as most of us are not familiar with IPTV services. So for a salesman to indicate £250 is a good price, for someone not familiar or not having done any research into IPTV, it may sound a good price. Get an idea of costs from several providers before agreeing to anything.

These days the average yearly cost comes in at about £120 or so for a very reliable server that's been around for a number of years that has many threads behind it. Reddit offer good reviews of servers as do other websites. Customer service is one aspect discussed constantly. I beleive there was a discussion on the money saving website set up in the UK.

Magic IPTV and Set TV both offer exceptional service, as do Ace and smoothstreams, and they have been around for years years. Do a google search on all of them. I persoanlly have tried all of them and been with 2 of them over the last five years. Definitely offer a great service, all offer free tests. Magic I believe offer a 3 day free test if I'm not mistaken. These guys have customers from all around the world, with multiple back up servers.

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

Sorry guys what is IPTV?

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

"Sorry guys what is IPTV"?

YouTube Video
21st September 2017...
https://youtu.be/TvcpeJyl-MQ

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

IPTV

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

The indicator wrote:Sorry guys what is IPTV?
It's an acronym for "Internet Protocol TeleVision" - basically it just means 'receiving Television programmes via the Internet'.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”