Probliems with BBC I Player

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Probliems with BBC I Player

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Is anyone else having problems watching catch up tv on their BBC I Player? Even with a VPN all I get is an error message saying content is unavailable. As the programmes are new this is not the case. Yen, the wonderful tv fixer has tried to fix this but to no avail so far. I know he is looking into the problem, no doubt caused by the BBC not wanting anyone without a license to watch their programmes, I was just wondering if anyone had found a way round this issue? Jane M

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Probliems with BBC I Player

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Is this on an iPhone/iPad? If so, try setting the time zone to London. Settings: General: Date & Time.
Also make sure your VPN is really showing a connection in the UK (Multimax's VPN does but others may not).

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Thank you, I'll try that. It's an Android tablet but a Multimax VPN. Jane M

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Have changed to time to GMT on my Android tablet with the Multimax VPN and BBC is working again for now, so thank you for that suggestion. Jane M

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Jane M wrote:Have changed to time to GMT on my Android tablet with the Multimax VPN and BBC is working again for now, so thank you for that suggestion. Jane M
You're more than welcome!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”