TV Box and Multimax

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TV Box and Multimax

Post by davedee »

I know this subject been covered many times,but can not get any continuity TV keeps freezing as well as Moddro i use swift TV and Live net which Yen kindly sorted for me,however i get constant freezing ,have called Multimax 3 times who insist my Internet is fine,had a couple of hours good last night,however today been useless all day! Any ideas would be gratefully received Thanks

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: TV Box and Multimax

Post by kerry 6138 »

My internet was acting up also, Extend so guess it was the usual TT net issue.
working fine just now 8pm

mitsybrian
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mitsybrian »

It's your Router that's the problem on all call's with regard poor internet to M/Max I am told by there help desk, so how come some days 20+ down later in the day 1.5 to 3.0 same router same connection. Told router must been reset please bring in to office I have, but still the same problems with down load after reset by office. Must be me or are other customers having same problems! I do not use my full free down load, has per my M/Max account so no problem there.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

I have been having the same problem mainly on the weekends, speed down as low as 1 Mbyte, always same excuse from Multimax, TTnet problem they are not as good as when I first went with them, also what happened to them texting their customers when there is problems.

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by helendj »

These problems are continual - every single day I sit there with my mouse, backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards. I've now got to the point where I watch my favourite programmes, i.e. all my soaps, lol, on ntv.mx on the computer, and even that two days ago kept freezing! I wish I knew a solution but I don't, so any constructive ideas out there, please let us all know!!! It's not much to ask is it, to watch our programmes without all this rubbish going on - MM are the world's best at blaming everybody else but themselves, the bottom line is they do not have enough power and despite the fact we pay the maximum charges we definitely are NOT getting the best service, anyone who disagrees with this statement must be very lucky that's all I can say!

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by davedee »

With you there helendj

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re:

Post by Groucho »

helendj wrote:These problems are continual - every single day I sit there with my mouse, backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards. I've now got to the point where I watch my favourite programmes, i.e. all my soaps, lol, on ntv.mx on the computer, and even that two days ago kept freezing! I wish I knew a solution but I don't, so any constructive ideas out there, please let us all know!!! It's not much to ask is it, to watch our programmes without all this rubbish going on - MM are the world's best at blaming everybody else but themselves, the bottom line is they do not have enough power and despite the fact we pay the maximum charges we definitely are NOT getting the best service, anyone who disagrees with this statement must be very lucky that's all I can say!
Why are you trying to watch live streamed programs when downloading them is so easy? If you use bit torrents you can watch them at your leisure with no buffering no adverts. knowing that you don't have to constantly try to kick the system into life...

I can understand that you want to watch sport live.... I do using an Android Nvidia Shield and Mobdro with very little problem but 99% of the time we download via a mixture of BBC iPlayer and bit torrents using VUZE front end to download torrents sourced from TorrentDay for all the other channels stuff... If you want an invite to TorrentDay (which you will need if you are not already a member) I can do that - PM me. First two to do so I can help.

lozboz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by lozboz »

I was with mm for the last three years ! Constant problems ,ok for a while the off on oh and off on ........slow wait even slower ! Always the same excuse modem or turkey cutting the speed . Was due for renewal in Sept normally 1400 for a year this year 1600 tl ? Anyway went in to complain about the service and perhaps renew ,three people behind the desk waited 25 mins with no air con not one attended me so I had a rant and walked out now with another provider 8 meg and no problems .

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re:

Post by erol »

helendj wrote:These problems are continual - every single day I sit there with my mouse, backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards. I've now got to the point where I watch my favourite programmes, i.e. all my soaps, lol, on ntv.mx on the computer, and even that two days ago kept freezing! I wish I knew a solution but I don't, so any constructive ideas out there, please let us all know!!! It's not much to ask is it, to watch our programmes without all this rubbish going on - MM are the world's best at blaming everybody else but themselves, the bottom line is they do not have enough power and despite the fact we pay the maximum charges we definitely are NOT getting the best service, anyone who disagrees with this statement must be very lucky that's all I can say!
helendj I understand your frustration, I really do. At the end of the day the problems you are experiencing are either caused by things that are under MM control and that MM could fix but choose not to , or they are caused by things that are not under MM control and that MM are not able to fix. Which you believe to be the case is up to you I guess.

As far as constructive ideas go for how can you watch your soaps and other favourite programs, then my suggestion would be to first download the programs, then once they are downloaded you will be able to watch them trouble free. This is not a solution for live sporting events that you may wish to watch as they happen but for everything else it is viable solution. BBC iPlayer has it's own systems for downloading their content. For ITV you can use a third party program like this one https://www.videoyoutubedownloader.com/ which has a free version if you are happy with low quality recordings or you can pay for the full version that allows higher quality downloading of ITV content (and others).

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

It may be that you are just trying to give Multimax some bad publicity, but if you are looking for an answer to your TV problem(s), the answer is given by LauraB in message 32 of this thread http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 30&t=39349

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Navek »

We too have had NTV problems today.
Catch up TV, dropping out 5 times within an hour.

Did 4 MM speed tests, no problems with their speed...
09 - 27th Sept 2 - 2017.JPG
Must be a fault with NTV.
I've checked their web site, no reported problems today.
http://www.ntv.mx/#
Would advise getting in touch with NTV direct, may be a local problem.
via Live Support Online @ above link.

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by helendj »

Thank you Erol - now that is constructive advice, and I appreciate it.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

jimm wrote:I have been having the same problem mainly on the weekends, speed down as low as 1 Mbyte, always same excuse from Multimax, TTnet problem they are not as good as when I first went with them, also what happened to them texting their customers when there is problems.
If your speedtest shows as little as 1Mb download, and you are certain that you are testing to a Kyrenia Server, then you have a fault somewhere - it may be internal (in your home, possibly caused by your own equipment) or it may be outside (Multimax's responsibility), but any speed less than 4Mb to a local server is treated by Multimax as a fault. Just be sure to ring them while you are still experiencing the problem - it's no good ringing the next day, when the fault has disappeared!

If they have to send an engineer, and it turns out to be your responsibility, then you have to pay for the call, but at least you get it fixed

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by davedee »

{It may be that you are just trying to give Multimax some bad publicity} This certainly is not my intention,being a touch I.T illiterate I did not realize the limits I had and in particular the timing of internet speeds,and also after reading Erol's post which seems very constructive, however I have absolutely no clue about downloading and watching later.
Also I did have a Satellite Cyprus box when it was free to watch,well still got it but now not free although Cyprus Today advert I believe leads you to believe otherwise ,so not sure if they still do a free version.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

davedee, I think that you're probably referring to 'Filmon' which has now moved from being 'Free to Air' to a Subscription-only basis. Unfortunately, this has affected everyone, not just customers of Satellite Cyprus.

I'm sure that Paul will have found another App to provide Free to Air Channels for his Android Box customers, and he'll probably provide you with a 'link' to download it, and instructions on how to do it if you just ask him - 'cos he's a very nice man (when he's not arguing the toss with erol, that is... )

Nosey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Nosey »

I phone / live chat mm regularly normally at 2pm 4pm and in the evening at its always ttnet they are still in my opinion the best of what is available here , although the text messages have stopped re notification of problems . So a tad frustrating all round

Sultan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Sultan »

I would like an invite to torrentday if anyone could send me one, if already a member.
Thanks in advance.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

Keith,
it is not a problem with my equipment as I have tried a Ethernet cable and at some times get normal speeds, tried to open a ticket with MM but they just closed it with nothing done or communication to me.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

jimm wrote:Keith,
it is not a problem with my equipment as I have tried a Ethernet cable and at some times get normal speeds, tried to open a ticket with MM but they just closed it with nothing done or communication to me.
If it is the case that you are getting a speedtest result of less than 4Mbps to the Multimax Kyrenia Server , and the front line staff are failing to take action to resolve the issue, then you need to speak to the Service Manager, because it is most certainly nothing to do with TTNET.

Please let me know how you get on!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

jimm wrote:Keith,
I have investigated this because this should not happen, where a customer sends a ticket and does not get a reply and the ticket is just closed. You did indeed send a ticket last Sunday and ti was indeed closed without any reply being sent. I apologise for this and will be speaking to the person who closed this ticket.

Now the following is in no way an excuse for why we did not reply but it does highlight some issues that I think are worth bringing out. If you are having problem, providing us with as much accurate information as possible will increase the chance and speed with which we can identify the source of the problem and rectify it. Thus a ticket to us saying something like

"I tested my speed, using a laptop that was connected with a Ethernet cable and not wifi, using the MM server on ookla / speedtest.net and whilst having nothing else running, at this time / times on this / these days and result/s were ......."

is much more likely to lead to us identifying any problems and rectifying them than sending a ticket that just says

"Poor speed of internet all weekend, get your act together and deliver what you did before"

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Yep, it might make you feel better jimm, but it's not going to help anyone identify the cause of your trouble!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Responding here, publicly in a text only medium is not easy. Please let me stress I do understand the frustration that customers feel and I am in no way trying to dismiss or ignore that or criticise or belittle any customer. This situation we, not just MM but ISP generally here, have currently and that has already been going on for too long is frustrating for everyone. The point here is that as Keith has pointed out (thanks Keith) if you are getting slow speeds testing correctly to the MM server, then that means there is a problem that is not to do with the ongoing issues we and all ISPs are having with their links out to Turkey via TTnet and if that is the case we need to know that, so that we can diagnose and deal with the problem as efficiently as possible. Just telling us that the 'internet is bad' over a period that we know has been plagued by periodic under performance of our link out to Turkey, will almost invariably lead to a conclusion that this under performance of the link to turkey explains why the customer is reporting 'bad internet' and if there is also some other issue affecting that customer that is in fact under our control there is a high chance that this will be missed. The point I am trying to get across is simply that the more detailed and accurate and complete the information customers give us when experiencing problems , then the quicker we can identify the cause and if it is within our power to do so, rectify it,

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

I will from now on,

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by davedee »

Multimax have just left my house they have replaced dish,cable,leads, and set everything up for me were here a long time and were very very helpful.....well done guys.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Have always received a first class service when dealing with MM. I recommended the Company to four neighbours and they also are very pleased with the service provided. We live 40 kms east of Girne, so that's a 45 mins journey both ways.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

People do not get me wrong normally MM are good and I have had great service from them previously, just this time they let themselves down.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

I know how you feel jimm, and there is probably something quite specific which is causing your particular problem, just let's hope thatvthey get if identified and sorted out soon.

Having spent many years in service industries, and having worked specifically in customer-facing jobs, I can tell you that you would be astounded at the hundreds of unrelated fault reports and service call requests that I used to see every day - of course, if our customers had had access to a forum like this one, and conferred between themselves, they would have come to the conclusion that all of their reports were related, and due to our crap products and service - Not true, of course!

Mukel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Mukel »

Can anyone explain why our Internet drops off at 7.45pm on the dot every evening? We tend to be watching live TV via Mx Player on Android, as ntv is not supported on my version of Android. On the whole, we get good reception with occasional, frustrating problems.
Despite the occasional unreliability, we still feel that Multimax offers a very good service. Without the VPN our viewing would be severely curtailed and at least we only watch programmes of our choice via i-player and ITV hub these days.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Mukel wrote:Can anyone explain why our Internet drops off at 7.45pm on the dot every evening? We tend to be watching live TV via Mx Player on Android, as ntv is not supported on my version of Android. On the whole, we get good reception with occasional, frustrating problems.
Despite the occasional unreliability, we still feel that Multimax offers a very good service. Without the VPN our viewing would be severely curtailed and at least we only watch programmes of our choice via i-player and ITV hub these days.
I can show what happened tonight at around 7.45pm
ttnet7.jpg
This a graph showing the total traffic of all MM customers combined passing over our ttnet link to Turkey. Download traffic is in blue , upload in red. The top of this scale is the capacity we pay ttnet for. the level of the blue part of the graph at around 19.30 is around the normal peak time level of all our combined traffic, and less the the total we pay ttnet for. Just before 7.45pm the links performance drops by around 25% of the normal peak time traffic and around 60% of the maximum we are paying for. This is a failure on the part of ttnet to deliver the service we are buying from them. By around 20.05 the link starts behaving as it should again. This is the second such drop today. These drops are happening on a near daily basis and often multiple times per day. We are not sending out sms messages when the link drops like this because by the time they have been sent and delivered the problem is over (until the next drop) and it is just not an effective means of informing customers of this kind of issue. We are working on a 'status' indicator to go on our website such that we can turn it to red when the link goes like this and then back to green when it comes back again but it may be a while before this is in place. Every single time the link drops in to an under performing mode like this we notify ttnet , usually within a minute or two of it happening. We are trying as MM individually and through the north Cyprus ISP association to get these recurring issues resolved one and for all but to date with little real impact. Not the answer I would like to be able to give but it is the truth. I understand how frustrating this situation is for our customers (and I am also just a user of MM internet as well as an employee) and it is also frustrating for MM as a company and other ISP as well no doubt.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

and again today
ttnet8.jpg
shortly after 11:15 performance on the link crashes. Reported and still waiting for a return to normal (F1 qualifying due to start soon )

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

and back to normal again now as of a few minutes ago

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

ttnet9.jpg

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

Well done MM for yesterday, a few minor interruptions but back to better than normal very quickly, wish it could stay this way

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

jimm wrote:Well done MM for yesterday, a few minor interruptions but back to better than normal very quickly, wish it could stay this way
jimm, I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying.

If you're referring to the dip in service that erol talks about in posts 30 & 32, then that was nothing to do with Multimax, it was outside of their control - apart from complaining to TTNET, which as erol has said, that they do as a matter of routine - it appears that TTNET sorted themselves out, and from our end of the line, service just 'magically' returned to normal all by itself.

If you are referring to your download speed being as low as 1Mbps, then if you were testing to the Multimax Kyrenia server, then that seems to be an entirely unrelated fault condition, nothing at all to do with yesterday's reduced service from TTNET, and I think that you need to report it to MMX, and explain precisely what you are experiencing, because posting complaints (and compliments) on here is not going to have any effect on your issues - apart from the possibility of erol waving his magic wand, that is

If, however, the 'destination' shown on your speedtest is 'London' then you are testing to the 'wrong' server (at least, for the purpose of assessing MMX's performance), and your low speed may indeed reflect the impact of the TTNET issue, but again, criticising or praising MMX is irrelevant, because it's not down to them!

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jimm »

Keith, I know it had nothing to do with MM but they at least got onto the provider quickly to resolve the problem, why can't you just stop being pedantic

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

jimm, I read Keith's posts as attempts to helpfully explain the various scenarios other posters experience or complain about. You are, naturally, entitled to your view he is being pedantic; however, it is not one shared by me. He most certainly knows more about ISPs than I do, ergo I very much value his explanatory posts. I would suggest you do not read what he posts.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

jimm wrote:Keith, I know it had nothing to do with MM but they at least got onto the provider quickly to resolve the problem, why can't you just stop being pedantic
It depends on how, precisely, you define 'pedantic'

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by turtle »

Well I will stick my 2 penneth in...
Just spent a few weeks over there and for the whole time the internet was absolutely pants...TV, general internet Facebook & twitter shockingly poor.

But what is the point complaining ..

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

turtle wrote:Well I will stick my 2 penneth in...
Just spent a few weeks over there and for the whole time the internet was absolutely pants...TV, general internet Facebook & twitter shockingly poor.

But what is the point complaining ..
The point of complaining, is that if you explain, in detail, the problems that you are experiencing, they find the cause and fix it.

Certainly Alsancak seems to be well covered, and apart from the odd occasions where TTNET have played up (and one occasion where I needed to get an engineer out to a Router issue), I've had trouble free internet , streaming live TV, using Skype, whatsapp and facebook for months and months...

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by turtle »

Keith
By explaining the problems on numerous occasions to customer service staff only to be told that problems with tt-net is the cause and sit tight it will be back soon seems to be standard answers that are doled out.

I refuse to spend my hard earned holidays chasing around trying to fix something that is simply a lost cause in NC...you must be one of the privilege few that have no issues with your internet....lucky you

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:I refuse to spend my hard earned holidays chasing around trying to fix something that is simply a lost cause in NC...you must be one of the privilege few that have no issues with your internet....lucky you
I do understand your frustration turtle, really I do. The periodic issues with the TTnet link do make if harder for ISPs to identify and resolve those issues that are not down to the ttnet link problems and are under their control and fixable by your ISP. From your described symptoms and purely as a best guess I think there is a high chance that you had some other issue on top of the general ttnet link issues. I do understand you do not wish to waste time on such things whilst on holiday and also from memory I think you have said previously that you are not a MM customer but for those who are in a similar position to the one I suspect you may have been in - namely suffering from more than just the effects of the ttnet link issue - and who do want to know what they can do about it, whatever ISP they may be with, my advise is as follows.

Do speed tests on speedtest.net to the local server that matches your ISP. So if you are on MM test to the MM server, if on extend test to Extend server, Nethouse to nethouse etc. If you can test with a single device connected directly to the cable that comes in from the roof and normally goes in to your wifi router (unplug it exactly from where it goes in to the router - not from before). Testing this way will remove the router and wifi as possible causes and by testing to your own ISPs server your result should be regardless of any ttnet issues as such a test will not go over the ttnet link at all. If your speeds are bad (for MM customers this would mean less than 4Mbs, for others would depend on what package you are on and what 'up to' that speed reasonably means) this means that you have some other issues than just the ttnet link issues. If you ring your ISP and they say 'it's a ttnet issue' then politely explain that you are only testing to their server (and ideally that you are doing so on a single laptop plugged directly into the ISP internet cable with no router involved and no wifi involved) and thus there must be something else going on as well and ask the ISP to investigate and resolve this - and do so as often as is necessary to get them to do so. I know this is not ideal but hopefully such advise may be of use to some in these difficult times.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

We are agents for eXtend Broadband and have been for the last 9+ years.

Periodically, there are problems in Turkey which 'affect' the internet in the TRNC and as a result sometimes, we experience a general slowness and on the odd occasion, a complete breakdown of the internet.

ISP's tell their customers that they should 'not' expect to receive the 'full' speed/internet bandwidth that they have been promised, but what 'they' seem to be saying is that 'they' should receive the 'full' speed that they have been 'promised' by 'their' suppliers. Are they being unrealistic in expecting to receive the 'full' speed from their suppliers ? In my opinion, yes they are and therefore, what they are doing, in effect, is selling speed/internet bandwidth that they 'know' they will not receive from their suppliers (whether they are paying for it, or not.)

Over and above materials, overhead costs, wages etc., every type of business has to write certain costs into the prices of their products (eg. to cover the cost of theft, bad debts, waste and other costs unrelated to 'sales') - ISPs, in my opinion, are no different and they should take 'this' into account when they make their 'promises' to their customers and allocate their customers a speed/internet bandwidth 'allowing' for this/these anomalies.

Otherwise, their customers 'may' legitimately claim that they are being charged for something that they are not receiving

Therefore, to offer this excuse (repeatedly), as the reason for not delivering what they have promised to their customers and are charging them for, does not cut the mustard (in my opinion)

There are a number of ISP's who advertise, offer and promise 'high' speeds 'seemingly' knowing that they will not be able to deliver on those promises and that, in my opinion, is wrong.

Secondly, ask your ISP whether they impose 'total' bandwidth throughput speeds on their internet connections which limit the 'amount' of 'total' internet bandwidth that is able to be passed through their connections. When implemented, such controls render the 'headline' speed as 'pointless' except in 'their' advertising' campaigns (of course)

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:ISP's tell their customers that they should 'not' expect to receive the 'full' speed/internet bandwidth that they have been promised, but what 'they' seem to be saying is that 'they' should receive the 'full' speed that they have been 'promised' by 'their' suppliers. Are they being unrealistic in expecting to receive the 'full' speed from their suppliers ? In my opinion, yes they are and therefore, what they are doing, in effect, is selling speed/internet bandwidth that they 'know' they will not receive from their suppliers (whether they are paying for it, or not.)
Your usual stuff and nonsense Paul. Some would say lies. What ISPs buy from TTnet is DEDICATED bandwidth services and this absolutely should deliver as needed 100% of the capacity they buy 100% of the time, not to anywhere on the internet but through the network of the person they are buying it from. ISPs like MM also sell dedicated connections that again should provide 100% of the speed bought 100% of the time through MM's network. Dedicated bandwidth services of a given speed typically cost up to 20 times or more than home (non dedicated) internet services with an 'up to speed'. To make out that it is not reasonable to expect a service that cost 20 times more 'per MB' to behave any differently from one that costs 20 times less is ridiculous, yet this is what you are doing here.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Therefore, to offer this excuse (repeatedly), as the reason for not delivering what they have promised to their customers and are charging them for, does not cut the mustard (in my opinion)
Yet you are happily an agent for a service that you yourself claims 'does not cut the mustard' and have been for years now ? How exactly does that work then ? You are happy to SELL such services, taking your commission on each sale, whilst coming here and stating that the service you sell does not cut the mustard.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:There are a number of ISP's who advertise, offer and promise 'high' speeds 'seemingly' knowing that they will not be able to deliver on those promises and that, in my opinion, is wrong.
The ISP that you are an agent for sells its home (non dedicated) services , tiered on an 'up to' maximum speed. MM sells its services based on a minimum acceptable speed (4Mbs) whilst stating that most customers achieve significantly faster speeds than this minimum and we state this because it is entirely TRUE.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Topic locked.

A search of the forum will bring up repeated discussions on this subject, plus detailed explanation and examples of why at times there is a problem with internet service here in the TRNC.

The bottom line is that if you have an issue take it up directly with your service provider.

There are a number of ISPs on island plus satellite services. If you are not satisfied then as a customer you have a choice to move to another supplier. Of course whether one provider is so much better than another is again subject to debate and personal experience.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”