Excellent Android Technician

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

johnracingnut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Excellent Android Technician

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by johnracingnut »

Ladies and Gentlemen of TRNC, please allow me to promote the virtues of a man who will come to your home and look at any problems you may be experiencing with your satellite TV/Android boxes.
The man in question is called Yen. He speaks perfectly fluent English, and has the ability and time to listen to all your TV problems before leaping in and telling you what you need. He is not a salesman, indeed he does not carry or promote any particular model or type of box. But what he did for us was nothing short of brilliant. We had an old Sunny Cyprus Himedia box which was running very low on memory and we could not upgrade it with newer versions of root programme, hence depletion of stations we could access, and loads of buffering problems.
Yen explained the lack of memory and inability to upgrade in simple terms that my wife understood - a plus for anyone who (like me) is getting it in the neck from the other half. Fortunately for me, I had an unused Minix box which was ideal for Yen to upgrade, download new facilities and now I am sitting in perfect peace with the ability to watch near enough anything I want, plus my wife can catch up on shows/films that she hasn't seen for years.

His charges are very good - £20 per box, and that was with two visits to our home. Can't say much more, as my list of superlatives is running out. Just remember that he came recommended to me via Kibcom, and I hope he gets more work through this article.

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Excellent Android Technician

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Via Kibkom surely ??
(Advertising Restricted)

polkadot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by polkadot »

Johnracingnut,
We also have an old Himedia box from Sunny Cyprus, also another box we need help with. You say Yen came recommended to you via Kibkom, can you please point me to where we can find his contact details? A search for “Yen” only brings up your post.

Regards
Polkadot

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

polkadot wrote:Johnracingnut...A search for “Yen” only brings up your post...
You're using the wrong search box!

Use the search box at the top left corner of the screen - you'll get about 50 results

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

polkadot,
Scroll down further in the TV & Satellite section to the post headed 'Highly recommended Android tv box fixer' You'll find more recommendations for yen also his contact details

polkadot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by polkadot »

Found him now, thanks Keith

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

OK, Yen you come very well recommended so hope you can solve this problem and will be in touch. This morning we had a power cut, fine but we have quite a few without the following happening:-

Now the MOBDRO on our set top box has gone completely berserk.

ANYTHING originating from UK- English says "we cannot find a stream"

News Channels: Consist of just about every American channel known to man, Plus we now have Urdu and masses of 0ther foreign news channels I've never seen before

Basic Channels: Have never seen most of them before and those that we have seen we get message "we cannot find a stream" Anything UK English

Advertisement: Suddenly we have unsolicited Ads appearing Inviting people to download war games. They burst on to the screen without any warning, very, very loud and usually somewhere on the screen it reads Ads by Google.

All in all, TV is completely unwatchable since the power cut. Have tried the usual switching set top box off, taking out the wires and waiting a few minutes in the hope it sorts itself out but didn't work.

Just realized he isn't actually on Kibcom, but I'll send this all the same!!!!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”