trying to watch tv at yeni erencoy

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum

trying to watch tv at yeni erencoy

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Dose any body else have tv here as i find with 6meg we still get buffeting and at 5.30 till 10.30it is completely useless am i alone i am with Osmanlilar witch is based in the village opp petrol station are you having the same problems

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: trying to watch tv at yeni erencoy

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

We are in Dipkarpaz and it's not so good either, haven't watched TV with WIFI, we are using DIGITURK, as all the buffering would drive me mad. Our English friends here have just bought themselves a new 'smart' TV and found that if you put the internet cable directly into the TV - not via the router - it works much better.

gates

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

surly if you pay for 6meg that what you should receive not what they want to give you . Does anybody know a good server here or is all from the same source

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

We are with mmand our speed is 0.5 and the footies on and its useless, we have told mm but nothing has changed ||: ((
Last edited by Hammerhead on Sat 13 Jan 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I suppose that unless you're in Yeni Erenköy, this is, strictly speaking, 'off topic', but if you are getting less than 4Mbps, then Multimax procedures are such that it should be treated as a FAULT.

Ring them again, follow any instructions that they give you, and if that does not resolve the issue, get a ticket number, ask the person's name, and demand that they fix it!

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by cypruselectronics »

hello friends.. Probably you're using Broadmax internet company there.

I've already one customer there living for holiday. Using Multimax near the Esentepe and using Broadmax on Yeni Erenköy side.

You need to have a server with lower bit rate channels to watch more stable with the our local internets.

If anyone interested I can prepare trial for 3 days.

Easy to setup on Android boxes or Smart TV's for some brands or any IP TV supported boxes..

Have a good weekend...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I'll translate cypruselectronics' post for the rest of you...

He offers a TV system, which you can receive on your own equipment - Android boxes, MAG boxes, etc. (possibly not on older 'smart' TVs, although a lot of newer ones would be OK) with loads of UK channels.

The system requires a lot less Bandwidth (speed) than other systems, and so it is suitable for areas where the internet speeds are not always stable, enabling TV viewing without excessive 'buffering'.

The picture will not be 'HD Quality', but will be perfectly watchable, and all that you need to do is contact him to receive a free trial.

What have you got to lose?

p.s. I'm not on commission or anything, but I've had a few words with cypruselectronics about it, and I think that it's well worth 'a punt' for anyone in this situation.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

michelle wrote:We are with mmand our speed is 0.5 and the footies on and its useless, we have told mm but nothing has changed ||: ((
1. MM does NOT provide service in yeni erenkoy
2. If you are in fact in Girne area, and not in yeni erenkoy, then:
i) This is not the place to post such a comment, you are basically trying to 'hijack' someone elses thread which is not considered nice in online communities.
ii) MM would never do nothing when a customer is receiving 0.5mbps, I suggest
a) Login to your account at http://www.mmcyp.com and fill out a support ticket, which is the best way as you would get a written official response
b) Call Phone support at 0548 8886629
c) There are other ways to properly and officially contact MM, if both options above is not good for you, but this forum is NOT one of them. PM me for other options if you like.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

gates

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

i am in my house in yeni erencoy and yes i know evern well & i also know he wont come this far thanks anyway we will battle on with the rest

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

gates wrote:i am in my house in yeni erencoy and yes i know evern well & i also know he wont come this far thanks anyway we will battle on with the rest
I don't think that he actually needs to visit you

He just emails instructions on how to set it up, and you do it yourself...

I suppose that if you're not that good with computers etc, you could pay someone to do it for you, it's not a big job - be better than struggling with crap TV!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”