BBC I played 'content not working'

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

BBC I played 'content not working'

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

I downloaded the new Iplayer and have downloaded programmes over the last week or so, all been fine but yesterday and today,when I go on to the recorded programmes to watch them on iplayer is says 'Content not working' please try again later.

Anyone else having this problem? I have tried using VPN ( usually I don't have to when playing downloads I have saved) but still the message comes up.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: BBC I played 'content not working'

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I don't actually use it for downloading, use another programme for that. However, I did try and it's working fine for me. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works?

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

Yes tried that this morning, took off all the downloads, then uninstalled and reInstalled. Downloaded one programme checked to see if it worked which it did so then spent whole morning downloading what I had taken off. Tried just now - same problem!! Even on the programme I loaded first which did work initially! Same results whether VPN on or off.

So don't know what is going on. On the BBC iplayer help is said there is a problem they are investigating with playing downloads where some users are only getting a black screen and they will report back on that. Unfortunatly can't submit the problem via the 'contact us' form as obviously not in the UK.

Will wait and see if it rights itself. If not just have to watch 'live' via iplayer/VPN!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mr Mac wrote:...Unfortunatly can't submit the problem via the 'contact us' form as obviously not in the UK...
The 'Contact' form will probably work if you connect your VPN...

Yilly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Yilly »

Hi There

If you guys have a Smart TV, Amazon Firestick or Set-top box to get standard channel UK apps example BBC Iplayer, ITV or Channel 4
I can recommend a Smart DNS Service works great and can watch live TV and catch up.

There is a 14 day Free Trial available and if you decide to purchase the product you will get a VPN included also the ability to watch US Netflix

If you need assistance for setting up PM me your phone number and I will assist

https://goo.gl/kqDMYQ

After the 14days FREE trial
Subscription packages are just $39.90 USD for 1 year or $49.90 for 2 years
or try monthly $4.90

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

We are using Smarty DNS and for last 24 hrs can only get world news page on Mac and message saying bbc tv not avail outside UK.ITV working ok. Have checked dns settings and should be working any ideas/ help avail

Yilly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Yilly »

From time to time BBC block the service but they usually really quick in resolving Ive had no problems watching BBC at all over the weekend
there are many services but this one I have found to be the best
if its not SmartDNSproxy you are using you can sign up for a 14 day trial by clicking on the link below

If you need assistance in set up im me your number
https://goo.gl/kqDMYQ

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”