Advise on NTV?

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Advise on NTV?

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We are experiencing a break up of the speech on Sky News all day, can anyone please tell me if its NTV or our TV, thanks.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Advise on NTV?

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Ntv it happens frequently, let them know

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

No problems like that with me !!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks for your reply, my TV must be on the blink, the sound problem has been three days, strange, only on sky news?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It's unlikely to be the TV itself if only Sky News is affected.

It may be that the software on your receiver / set-top-box needs to be updated or re-installed.

What do you use? - a MAG box?, Android box? Do you use an 'App', Kodi, NTV's own official software?

It is almost impossible to make further suggestions without knowing the specific equipment and software that you are using...

Have you reported the issue to NTV? What did they say?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks Keith, its a brand new mag box only had it 5 days, bought it from Ahmet from Acdinc, it was working fine until a couple of days ago, I am taking the box back this morning to let him have a look at. I agree, unlikely to be the TV. I went onto the NTV chat line, they were no help, they said we will look into it and signed off.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Ntv nearly always short change you,I have just been on to them bcos lost all sky sports,rubbish outfit but hey ho not much choice here

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I have had the box checked out its OK. Apparently its a MAG portal problem whatever that is? I will contact NTV again!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Well blow me down, contacted NTV, they reset the Chanel and its now working.

lixiechick
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by lixiechick »

Have been with ntv a long time but the last month the service has been appalling, goes off for long period, then loose the sound, or is it down to our internet provider, it's difficult to know, bought a new mag box, but still having the same problems, the tv is off more than it's on, and catch up isn't working well either.
Nightmare, and everyone blames everyone else.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

It could well be your internet provider? When my TV plays up the first thing I do is check the internet speed, i'm sure most on here know that if the speed drops below 2 mb, the TV will buffer or go off.

Take your mag box to Ahmet, he is the expert, he can check your box on his system, he will tell you if its working correctly.

Does your internet provider have a test facility on their web site? I am with Multimax, they do which I go to first.

I understand its very frustrating when you pay for a service and do not get what you are entitled to.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

NTV has been fully operational with me until today . I received the following from them today so expect issues for a few days. They, on the whole have been superb perhaps it’s not NTV AND IS ONE OG THE MANY OTHER THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM.

We are haivng an emergency downtime in one of the datacenters, and a lot of channels are affected. It started several hours ago, and may take up to three days to fully finish the maintenance. The downtime will be compensated, of course.

On a brighter side, we would like to let you know that you can now select a payment method when purchasing, and we already added a new payment gateway, you can try that one if your card is being rejected.

We also now accept BTC (Bitcoin) on a trial basis, and our team works to add more options for you to get your NTV running. ETH (Etherium) payments and another card

SProductions · Arroyo Cin Nombre · Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 0412F · Mexico

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”