No ntv

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

No ntv

•   Message 1 of 74 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

We have had no ntv for past 3 hrs. When I looked up ntv says maintenance work for 48 hours but not dated. The internet fine, slam I correct in thinking Multimax cannot help, but does anyone else have the same problem. I am in Karsiyaka. Thank you.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: No ntv

•   Message 2 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

rocking wrote:...When I looked up ntv says maintenance work for 48 hours but not dated...
Same here (Alsancak)

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 74 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you Keith, gather from that no tvfor 48 hrs. Means my husband happy does not have to keep Turni g over to his Turkish. Oh well, reading it is.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

It is a bit bad of NTV I think. No notice and they are not exactly a budget service. I went online the other night because I could not get a catch up to work properly, was told ISP issue because the program was OK at their end. I pointed out that other catch ups were ok and that TV was OK therefore how could it be my server? The conversation continued and the question was asked however could not be answered. All I got was that it would be put to the tech team, will I get a response I asked, I was given no firm answer, only that if it was at their end I would, so back to it being my end or ISP .....however we had proved those were OK. I will now look at alternatives as it seems to be getting a bit beyond its sell by date.

Those that know me on this board will know I have always been a solid supporter of Multimax and NTV. MM have distanced themselves from NTV some time ago however there is I am sure still some sort of connection and I would like to get some sort of public message from MM regarding this shutdown.

This would have been a good topic for MMM I am sure!
Last edited by Jonnie on Wed 30 May 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 74 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

Same here in Bahceli so guess we have to talk to one another now.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Mine has been off since 9pm last night,so for us in karakum almost 11 hours at 8am

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 74 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

monalisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 74 in Discussion

Post by monalisa »

We are bing asked to sign in or registered tried both but unsuccessful. mm said to contact ntv. Ozankoy

ruggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 74 in Discussion

Post by ruggy »

We watched tv to about 100 pm on 29 th , I was up at 2 am ( grrr) & it was off then & still off now at 10 am 30 th .
I’ll just keep trying , guess it will be done when it will be done !!

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Let’s hope that it’s Maintenance and not falling foul of laws like many other IPTv services world wide .

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 74 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

Saw the message on NTV site but it is not dated so when did the 48 hours start...anyone know?

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

The notice came up last night around the time it went off so about 8.45. As for regular updates we have so far had none and now 1/3 of the way through the proposed period.

KB I was aware of the notice but as NTV have my details a mail out would have been a better way of dealing with the issue which is supposedly maintenance. As such you would have expected some sort of planning and mitigation rather than a post event message on a webpage and then not on "the official page". If there has been a catastrophic failure or unforeseen circumstances this should be said because it does not seem like maintenance.

Anyway this again displays poor customer relations/service from NTV which could be so easily avoided with some simple measures, transparency and being a company that actually cares about its customers.
Last edited by Jonnie on Wed 30 May 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 74 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

About two months ago, husband received message to say that his subscription for extra sport on NTV was due. He must have tried at least 20 time to resubscribe. Each time message said either password incorrect, financial information incorrect, etc etc. Finally a message came on telling him to pay his subscription to MM. This he did and received an official MM receipt. On same day his extra Sports channels came back. However I did notice a message on the NTV home page which said "anyone having problems paying their subscriptions could now pay using BIT COINS" and there was a link I believe as to how to do it. I wonder just how many people actually deal in Bit Coins?

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Still off 36 hours now and no updates

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 74 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

This beautiful island with so much to see and do, its wonderful friendly people, and people are stuck in wanting to watch television?

(Just watched this week's "The Split" on catchup, it was really good!)

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Just had an update and they will try to get it running in the next 48 hours,so folks we will see how many of us will jump ship now

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 74 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

From the NTV weblink:
"Critical issue

We have to perform maintenance for the next 48 hours, service will be unavailable. We will do our best to resume the service as soon as possible, and give updates regularly. We will compensate the downtime, of course. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Update: Unfortunately, we can't restore the system at this time. We are still waiting for more updates and information. We will keep trying and provide the next update within the next 48 hours."

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 18 of 74 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Frontalman.... so, your TV is still working ?

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 74 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

So 48 hours very quickly gone to 96.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Frontalman.... so, your TV is still working ?
Yes but have you the sports package Eg sky sports and bt sport cos if you have I'm with you and forfeit my ntv subscription

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

How long is a piece of string?
NTV Critical Issue.JPG
http://www.ntv.mx/#

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 22 of 74 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Michelle...call me on advertised number

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 74 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

michelle wrote:
Yes but have you the sports package Eg sky sports and bt sport cos if you have I'm with you and forfeit my ntv subscription
Yes we have all the sports channels you name and many more.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 74 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Working like a dream, obviously no bandwidth competition from NTV at the moment.

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

I would imagine they have been found out. I was using an IPTV service from the UK recently and Sky found him and he had to find another server off air for about 10 days until he was sorted. If NTV have recieved the same treatment then it could be a long wait.

Harrythecod
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Harrythecod »

Thanks god for amazon and Netflix hopefully ntv back sooner rather than later

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

NTV web site also taken down I believe

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

We have just checked on our internet apparently they do not exist my guess is they have gone bust

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 74 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Please do not laugh. As we paid one year in advance last February, is there any chance of a refund, if so how would I apply. With news the news of web site being no more. Should think hundreds in my position. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Been an illegal service I am sure they are making themselves scarce. Numerous people have been convicted and/or arrested in recent months and at the very least been told to pack in their illegal activities or face the music. Cutting the Cord as it’s referred to is getting a tad more difficult.think it was bound to happen but who knows they will hopefully reappear

suecheshireuk
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 74 in Discussion

Post by suecheshireuk »

Well I just checked the NTV site, and it says it is no longer available, or words to that effect. In answer to the refund question. We were told we could get a refund when the internet has been disconnected by Multimax.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 74 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

When I joined years ago MM and ntv had something to do with one another I’d taking payments for ntv. But MM told me sometime ago they were 2 separate companies, has anyone spoken to MM re refund, I will tomorrow and let you k ow their answer.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We are currently in the UK, back to the TRNC Monday. Have I read this thread correctly, NTV no longer exists?

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Check http://www.gotelly.com

This appears to be the same “outfit”

Their home page is working but like NTV, their “viewing pages” cannot be found.

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 74 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

Well, if NTV has gone, what alternatives do we have? Can someone suggest other providers please. Thanks

I thought that NTV should at least post something.........going bust is one thing..........not telling is another.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Don’t think they have gone bust lol they have made significant monies and if they have decided to leg it I am sure they will have substantial profits over the years. Who knows hopefully we are all wrong but busy they aren’t

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

carrierbag wrote:Well, if NTV has gone, what alternatives do we have? Can someone suggest other providers please. Thanks

I thought that NTV should at least post something.........going bust is one thing..........not telling is another.
There are loads of providers if you do a search on google but it is the Internet that causes a problem viewing them. I have tried several but I always came back to NTV. Trying Cccambox at the moment, not to bad but I will have to wait and see when the football is on if there are major problems.

Harrythecod
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Harrythecod »

All I getting this morning is page loading error is this a multimax problem or ntv thanks in advance

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 39 of 74 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

From earlier posts it looks like NTV are no longer providing a service.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

suecheshireuk
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 74 in Discussion

Post by suecheshireuk »

carrierbag wrote:Well, if NTV has gone, what alternatives do we have? Can someone suggest other providers please. Thanks

I have just found NTV's Facebook page. Multimax have taken their information from this re the critical issue, the comments make interesting reading, though I don't know how much truth is in this. As an alternative Filmon can be bought for about 14 euros a month. xx

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 74 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

It certainly looks as if NTV has gone for good, some explanation might have been given to customers who have paid their subscription.
Quite recently there was a problem with using bank cards to pay for this service and customers were informed that it could be paid through Multimax, I am in no way laying any blame at them but wondered if they had any relevant details about the situation with NTV that they could pass on.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Found this online...
"ntv raided - down and out"
"there is a North Cyprus operation too"
NTV FB.JPG
And this via Google...
NTV. No INFO.JPG
British Ntv Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/pg/britishtv/p ... e_internal

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

No Live TV?
This should keep you viewing for now, if you have the hardware!
THE BEST IPTV APK's FOR ALL YOUR STREAMING NEEDS!
http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 74#p208274

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Anyone know how to make bbc iplayer work?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I can't see the point in paying for any of these illegal IPTV services, if you are going to pay, better to go with something legal, and then at least you can have some comeback if things go wrong. Heard so many times over the years, of people losing money on subscriptions for something which disappears, and in reality, very little likelihood of getting your money back.

I do sympathise with anyone who has lost money in these ventures, but hopefully a lesson learned, once bitten, kind of thing. I do hope that NTV comes back, especially for those who have paid for it.

In the meantime there are a few free options available, albeit without so many channels through any browser on your computer/tablet/phone, should you not have an android tv box of some sort.

http://www.tvcatchup.com/ No VPN required
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/United-Kingdom - No VPN required
https://easyview.eu/ - No VPN required

https://tvplayer.com/channels - VPN needed, if you use Multimax VPN this works, so no extra cost, assume it works with any UK VPN.

I'm not an avid watcher of live TV, just was looking for some options for a friend and came up with these, so certainly no expert on the subject. Hopefully someone with more knowledge, can give some more helpful information than I can.

coffer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 74 in Discussion

Post by coffer »

You need a vpn or smart dns to get BBC iplayer. Haven't used ntv for years I'm using prem1 which is a MAG platform stalker iptv stream service. Cheaper and much better than ntv ever was.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

alphamike wrote:I can't see the point in paying for any of these illegal IPTV services, if you are going to pay, better to go with something legal, and then at least you can have some comeback if things go wrong. Heard so many times over the years, of people losing money on subscriptions for something which disappears, and in reality, very little likelihood of getting your money back.

I do sympathise with anyone who has lost money in these ventures, but hopefully a lesson learned, once bitten, kind of thing. I do hope that NTV comes back, especially for those who have paid for it.

In the meantime there are a few free options available, albeit without so many channels through any browser on your computer/tablet/phone, should you not have an android tv box of some sort.

http://www.tvcatchup.com/ No VPN required
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/United-Kingdom - No VPN required
https://easyview.eu/ - No VPN required

https://tvplayer.com/channels - VPN needed, if you use Multimax VPN this works, so no extra cost, assume it works with any UK VPN.

I'm not an avid watcher of live TV, just was looking for some options for a friend and came up with these, so certainly no expert on the subject. Hopefully someone with more knowledge, can give some more helpful information than I can.

Surely the only legal TV here is Digiturk?

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

coffer wrote:You need a vpn or smart dns to get BBC iplayer. Haven't used ntv for years I'm using prem1 which is a MAG platform stalker iptv stream service. Cheaper and much better than ntv ever was.

Iplayer seems to recognise I am using a VPN (MM one) and will not play. Where do I find details of Prem1

Thanks

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

The only thing I am looking for - because F1 TV Live is not available in Cyprus (EU) yet - is there any channels (Add ons) on Kodi that still pick up Sky F1?

The rest of TV is of no importance to me I am afraid as I am happy downloading TV series and the odd films - gardening fills in the rest of my time - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 50 of 74 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Jonnie wrote:
coffer wrote:You need a vpn or smart dns to get BBC iplayer. Haven't used ntv for years I'm using prem1 which is a MAG platform stalker iptv stream service. Cheaper and much better than ntv ever was.

Iplayer seems to recognise I am using a VPN (MM one) and will not play. Where do I find details of Prem1

Thanks
http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 46&t=42420

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”