Digiturk packages

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sallywebstersnipples
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Digiturk packages

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Sallywebstersnipples »

Hello, I noticed on the mainland Turkish site that they offer a monthly dip in and out service like NowTV in the Uk, anyone know if it is offered here in TRNC? I looked online for it here but could only find a Turkish speaking site.

Mainland site offered a box & dish for 169tl then a pay as you go service of 40tl pm for various channels.

Where are the Digiturk offices in Girne?

Thanks in advance
SWN

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Digiturk packages

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

From main Girne roundabout take the turning past Elektrocur towards Harbour the Digiturk office is several blocks along on the left hand side inbetween the saucy knicker shop & Vestel.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

The Digiturk shop is quite hard to spot, and the erotic lingerie shop is a good guide. If you park on the pavement just past it you will be OK. It's one of the quirks of Northern Cyprus - muslim women covered from head to feet and naughty knicker shops.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

frontalman wrote:The Digiturk shop is quite hard to spot, and the erotic lingerie shop is a good guide. If you park on the pavement just past it you will be OK. It's one of the quirks of Northern Cyprus - muslim women covered from head to feet and naughty knicker shops.
Who wears 'em then?

The blokes?

... and is it just on Sundays, or what?

NOT that I'm particularly interested, you understand...

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

"muslim women covered from head to feet"

Not all by any means from what I see out and about in Girne and elsewhere!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I know exactly what you mean, but it is strange, don't you think, that there are fully covered women in 40 degree heat alongside semi naked women.

Sallywebstersnipples
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Sallywebstersnipples »

After visiting the digiturk offices in Girne it would appear they do not offer the same dip in and out service as the main land. This may or may not be true as I do not speak Turkish and the person I spoke with only had broken English!
Can anyone recommend a way to watch English tv on a television that works when required, personal recommendations appreciated along with contact details and cost of such a system.

I have seen the adverts for Satellite Cyprus but do not want to spend £120 without seeing it work first.

Many thanks in advance.
SWN

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Sallywebstersnipples wrote:After visiting the digiturk offices in Girne it would appear they do not offer the same dip in and out service as the main land. This may or may not be true as I do not speak Turkish and the person I spoke with only had broken English!
Can anyone recommend a way to watch English tv on a television that works when required, personal recommendations appreciated along with contact details and cost of such a system.

I have seen the adverts for Satellite Cyprus but do not want to spend £120 without seeing it work first.

Many thanks in advance.
SWN
I can confirm Satellite Cyprus package works very well with a wide range of channels.

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Contact Paul at Satellite Cyprus, I am sure he will give you a demo and explain everything to you

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”