Re: VPN on NON SMART TV - amendment to original post

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

We don't have a smart TV, ours is probably 7/8 years old - however, until recently we were able to get BBCIPlayer via the Turbo (ie Rabbit!) VPN, selecting UK. We have an mBox s905x. Lately for some reason we have not been able to do this; on clicking on BBCIplayer, we get the message ' you are unable to view this content, as you are not in the UK'. Seems like the VPN does not work - anyone got any (simple please!) ideas why this should be? and how to rectify?

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Instead of using IPlayer and a VPN use any search engine for BBC and connect that way. It will
Work with a VPN and little or no buffering

Yilly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Yilly »

Hi There

If you do not have a Smart TV, you will need another TV Streaming device for example an Amazon Firestick or Set-top box to get standard channel UK apps example BBC Iplayer, ITV or Channel 4

I can recommend a Smart DNS Service works great and can watch live TV and catch up.

There is a 14 day Free Trial available and if you decide to purchase the product you will get a VPN included also the ability to watch US Netflix

If you need assistance with setting up PM me your phone number and I will assist

https://goo.gl/kqDMYQ

After the 14days FREE trial
Subscription packages are just $39.90 USD for 1 year or $49.90 for 2 years
or try monthly $4.90

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”