Multimax problems

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

buddygirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax problems

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by buddygirl »

All over the weekend our TV has beenr very erractic & now Sun morning nothing, we are very disappointed, is anyone else experiencing problems? Have only had this system 10 days !!

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax problems

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by LooseBoots »

buddygirl wrote:All over the weekend our TV has beenr very erractic & now Sun morning nothing, we are very disappointed, is anyone else experiencing problems? Have only had this system 10 days !!
We signed up for the internet only end September and the signal strength has been very erratic, even though we have the 5mb package. Was thinking of getting the TV but thought.....what if internet goes..............we will have nothing.............so this rather proves our point.

Tried phoning the office on 0548 8886629.....( don`t know if there is annother number ) and was engaged....so I sent a text........

Then the signal came back.....................and was REALLY FAST.....................FOR 10 MINUTES............then presumeably everyone else realised it was working.
Always look on the Bright side of life. Monty Python - Life of Brian.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

I got NTV last Tuesday, had problems but was assured it was sorted. Got berated by Kemnal for not ringing about the problems so rang twice yesterday and twice today. after 2nd call lost NTV completely and all I have is the NTV logo over a map of the world and a mesage saying maintenance. Am I the only one with this problem? before I ring again

Thankis
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

buddygirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by buddygirl »

WE got the picture back for a couple of hours now have the maintenace sign, I read yesterday that the new 4G mobile phone system in the UK would prob disrupt all TV's not using a Kosher satelite dish etc, I guess as we bounce off the UK satelites we have got knocked out....I wonder what will happen now, have just paid for a year !! The info was on the Daily Mail online maybe able to google it !

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Still got problems with NTV, have lost all discovery channels, some film channels did lose Home yesterday and some other channels. all I get is the NTV logo over a map of the world with a legend below saying maintenance. I have rung the help line on several occassions but they don't seem to grasp my problems and they don't appear to be keeping any sort of log. I would now like to cancel my NTV subscription. Any one done this before and how do you go about it? anyone been successful?

Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

Interesting comments. Never thought about the 4G system interfering with our signal. Could be possible but how disappointing. We have World Net system. When it's working it's excellent but just lately it has been breaking up and is really frustrating to watch. Today, can't get ITV1 or Channel 4, same on Wednesday. Have purchased box £300 and paid up front for 6 months. What can we do?? Caught between system supplier and internet supplier.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Well, have complauned about quality and service since installation on 6th Nov. just got this e-mail

Dear NTV Customers

In the recent weeks there have been general outages of the NTV service and
periodic loss of channels. In addition to this there have also been specific
local issues affecting NTV customers in certain areas. Multimax recognises
that due to these problems the NTV service has not met many customers
expectations and has fallen short of the standards we set ourselves as a
company.

Multimax is committed and determined to addressing these issues and
providing a high quality service. We believe that we have identified the
causes of the problems and have a schedule of improvements and upgrades
planned out for the coming days and weeks to achieve this aim.

By way of compensation for the unsatisfactory service and in order to give
us some breathing space to implement these necessary upgrades and changes we
will be suspending the billing of all NTV customer accounts from 15th
November 2012 through to the 1st January 2013. This means that there will be
no charge for the NTV service for this period and in effect all NTV customer
accounts for NTV subscriptions will be extended by 45 days. So for example
if your NTV subscription was due to expire on 1st Oct 2013, it will now
expire on 15 Nov 2013.

We realise that for too many NTV customers the service has simply not been
good enough and we hope that these customers will give us until the end of
this 'free' period on 1st January 2013 and where necessary work with us so
we can rectify the problems and deliver to them the service they want and
that we wish to deliver.

guess I will wait to see if it improves. not very impressed so far for my £600 investment

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Multimax in my opinion have done exactly what any company (worth its salt that is) would do in such circumstances... Wish the company I use where i am cared as much about customer satisfaction. Lets face it glitches and breakdowns occur, at least they recognise the issue and are happy to compensate....well done Multimax! owever make sure its improved before I use you next month LOL

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Well I have endured the fixes on multimax NTV. I till keep getting stalling and resetting of channels I try to watch and this evening I have experienced a loss of 42 channels. They all seem to be down to maintenance. I contacted the help line who informed me that they will all be back in the morning. I expected a far better service than this from Multimax. I cannot praise enough the internet service provide by multimax but there is no way I could ever recommend the NTV service from them. I will be going to the Essentepe office today to try to get some sort of refund which I asked for in November when I was unhappy with the service. I will keep you posted of how I got on. Not a good investment of £600

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”