7 year old TV gone ballistic

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

7 year old TV gone ballistic

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Its a 44inch Grundig and no-one will admit as to what might be the trouble

Symptoms: Can watch TV for no more than 3 mins at a time. Screen freezes for 5secs, then goes off and on for three or four times, then comes back with soundtrack of what it is at that time, plus soundtrack of what it was when it went off so we have two lots of overlapping speach. And so on and on it goes. Doesn't matter if its live or whether its an old ITV3 Morse etc. Only programe that's good is anything on YouTube.

Nethouse say and I admit they are correct are that our speeds are good, Internet is on all the time (unless we have a power cut) so its not their fault. However, I have been begging them to send someone on to the roof to see if there is a fault up there, but they just won't do it. In any case all other devices work perfectly.

Amazon Firestick: The guy who supplied it says it has nothing to with the stick and I've no reason to think otherwise. Although I dislike the latest update, but not relevant to our problem.

We don't want to lash out a small fortune on a new set and find there is nothing wrong with the TV at all.. Any suggestions as we've got to the state of not switching on but listening to the UK radio through the TV and that's perfect all the time.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 7 year old TV gone ballistic

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Why not ask a neighbour if you can try it at their property and see what happens?
Just a thought.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Plug another tv into the firestick, and see whether that has the same issue or not.

Don't tell me that you don't have another TV - just find one, beg one, borrow one - anything, 'cos it doesn't sound like the TV to me!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

OK, OK, don't get all excited. I will ask if I can stick Firestick in someone else's TV, provided I can assure them that it won't upset their set up i.e. they have set top boxes.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

That wasn't what I said - you need to plug a different TV into your setup.

What you suggest doing may prove something, or it may not.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

If it is a TV problem the shop on right Karakum near the metropol entrance just before or after he will look at it for you as long as it is not a plasma they wont repair them anymore . I took my 56in to Tectans they did . It cost 1300tl nearly the same as new tv

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”