Firestick lite and BBC Iplayer - live TV playback not working.

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Firestick lite and BBC Iplayer - live TV playback not working.

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Wonder if anyone else having this issue: Iplayer started playing up about a week ago, various Error codes (0200, 0265, and others) when trying to watch the live channels. Tried to work around for various codes, but code never same - thought 02000 seems most persistent, and internet suggests: "Thanks but what does 02000 mean please? This error code means that there is a problem with accessing the programme from BBC iPlayer on your device, but troubleshooting from the guide in the previous response should help with this."

Can watch any programmes on playback on Iplayer, just not live TV. All other UK channels, ITVX, Sky, Ch4, etc working fine; can watch BBC live channels on my Samsung phone, so suggests VPN is working OK (Nord VPN) and either issue with Iplayer and or Firestick.

Regularly check Firestick OS is updated, as with all apps, cleared caches, uninstalled and reinstalled Iplayer to no avail. Putting off doing a factory reset until I have to! Cannot find anything re this issues on internet, Amazon or Firestick. Friend here is also having same issue.

Anyone else, any ideas?

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Firestick lite and BBC Iplayer - live TV playback not working.

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

Have you tried reinstalling iPlayer
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi TAC,

Yes uninstalled BBC Iplayer (rebooted), reinstalled etc, same issue.

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

I have read that some VPN are being blocked by the BBC although NORD VPN is one of the best try changing the server within NORD
Also if there is a clock on tv make sure it is set to uk time
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi TAC,
Yes tried various Nord VPN UK servers. As can access and play all BBC Iplayer content except live channels, so would suggest VPN not issue (as said works on all other UK content on other platforms).

Yes had heard about the clock issue, so tried that to no avail ((W\)) (:Q)

Will contact BBC (not mentioning VPN of course (:Z) ) and ultimately try a factory reset as last resort ((W\)) :x))

niranjanayar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by niranjanayar »

laptawrinkly wrote:
Tue 31 Jan 2023 2:22 pm
Hi TAC,
Yes tried various Nord VPN UK servers. As can access and play all BBC Iplayer content except live channels, so would suggest VPN not issue (as said works on all other UK content on other platforms). cinema hd v2

Yes had heard about the clock issue, so tried that to no avail ((W\)) (:Q)

Will contact BBC (not mentioning VPN of course (:Z) ) and ultimately try a factory reset as last resort ((W\)) :x))
It's not a good idea to watch a movie using a website through a browser. Because Web browsers don't do well in the firestick due to restrictions. Try to install the free streaming application to Firestik via Downloader. In my case, Cinema HD would be a great option where it offers movies, shows, series, aired sports streams, and all.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”