Keeping your prepaid Turkcell number

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

joan54
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Keeping your prepaid Turkcell number

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by joan54 »

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to keep my Turkcell number? What is the procedure, if any?

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Keeping your prepaid Turkcell number

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

As long as you have credit on it , you keep the number. I top up a friend's phone when She's in the UK
(Advertising Restricted)

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

If it is not topped up for 3 months then it will not work until topped up again. After 6 months without a top up you lose the number
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Does the same apply to Telsim?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

You can actually top up Turcell pre-paid 'phones from anywhere in the world, using these instructions from come_on_aylin...

Sorry Deniz, I don't know about Telsim - although it might be on their website.

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by guru »

mickhm wrote:If it is not topped up for 3 months then it will not work until topped up again. After 6 months without a top up you lose the number
It's actually after 300 days non use or top up that you lose the number!

60-Day Initial Period:
Your Yeşil Kart comes with a 60-day initial use period. As soon as you make the first outbound call, you can receive incoming calls, make outgoing calls and benefit from services. If you load any units to your card within this period you then enter a 300-day regular usage period. If you do not load any units to your account within the 60-day initial period, your Yeşil Kart will be cancelled at the end of this period and cannot be re-used.

90-Day Active Period:
As soon as you top up your card within the 60-day initial period, you will automatically switch to the active period. As long as you have units on your card, you can make outgoing calls, receive incoming calls and benefit from services within this 90-day period. . Each time you top up your card, a new 90-day active period begins. If you run out of units within this 90-day period, and you do not top up your card, you will not be able to make any outgoing calls but you can receive them throughout the remaining time.

90-Day Passive Period:
If you do not top up your card at the end of the 90-day active period, you cannot make any outgoing calls, only receive them, even if you have units on your card. The passive period is 90-day long. You must top up your card in order to switch back to active-period.

120 Day Final Period
If you do not top up your card at the end of the 90-day passive period, you cannot make or receive calls even if you have units on your card. If you do not top up your card during the 120-day final period, your Yeşil Kart will be cancelled at the end of the period and cannot be re-used. You can switch back to 90-day active period by topping up your card.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”