Sim card that gives Wifi hotspot

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Sim card that gives Wifi hotspot

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Can anyone tell me which phone provider can sell me a sim card that will also give me a wifi hot spot so I can use my Android tablet to access the internet in the villa while on holiday?

I will be staying in Ozankoy so a phone provider near there would be ideal. Also any idea of cost?

Thank you Jane M

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Sim card that gives Wifi hotspot

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Both Turkcell and Telsim have 3g.

So many places in NC have free wifi though that if you are out and about most days you may not need it.

Don't know the costs I am afraid.

If you do go the 3g route, remember to turn off the auto updates on the iHostage or you will use all the allowance up in no time.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Jane, virtually any android 'phone can create a 'Wi-Fi hotspot' provided that it has a current 3G connection, it doesn't matter which SIM card you are using (i.e. Turcell or Telsim, the 2 providers in TRNC, as stated in the previous post).

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

I bought a portable wi fi unit from lemar karakum for 175tl. You then get a sim card which you can top up with 2gb, 4gb or more data. This lasts for 30 days when you top up again. I use it when I am out and about or when my internet goes down at home. I can wirelessly connect 2 laptops and two mobile phones to it. Works perfectly for me.
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

mickhm wrote:I bought a portable wi fi unit from lemar karakum for 175tl. You then get a sim card which you can top up with 2gb, 4gb or more data. This lasts for 30 days when you top up again. I use it when I am out and about or when my internet goes down at home. I can wirelessly connect 2 laptops and two mobile phones to it. Works perfectly for me.
Hi mick, yes I've got one of those as well and it worked perfectly well, as you say - then I realised that I could use the 'phone itself as a a hotspot, so I don't need an additional SIM for the 'MiFi' anyway...

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”