UK mobile phone registration

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sallymgabb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

UK mobile phone registration

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sallymgabb »

Does anyone know how to register a UK mobile here I understand we have to do this otherwise UK mobiles will be blocked. Thank you

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: UK mobile phone registration

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

go to your providers office.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi Deniz,

When I first read your post, I thought "Yup, sensible advice..."

I've just re-read it, and thought "Which provider?"

Her 'Provider' is the UK Telecoms company with which she has a contract, or PAYG arrangement!

Is that what you meant? That she needs to go to a UK office? - Or did you mean Turkcell or Telsim? - And if so, which one?

That's got me beat!

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

It's got me beat too. I have a dual sim phone turkcell/virgin. All fine till a month ago then no service on virgin but got service if i went south. Tried all the links to register the virgin iemi with turkcell no good went to turkcell shop was told don't need to register go to virgin. contacted virgin who refreshed international roamning. still no joy. contacted them again they stated no reason why it should not work so I am at an impasse. I believe turkcell and the other providers have fallen out and the only one working is vodaphone. If any one knows how to get service again I would be very interested to hear
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

muffin1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by muffin1 »

Go into the main Turkcell office either in the centre of Girne or by the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway to Girne. Speak to the customer services person who does speak English and they will sort it out for you.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

o into the main Turkcell office either in the centre of Girne or by the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway to Girne. Speak to the customer services person who does speak English and they will sort it out for you.
I have exactly the same setup as mickhm. I went to the Turkcell shop in Girne and the English speaker said there was nothing they could do!!

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”