Duracell or Turksim for phone contracts?

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Duracell or Turksim for phone contracts?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Has any anybody found any appreciable difference in terms of efficiency or cost for an annual phone plus internet contract with either Turkcell or Turksim?
I want a post paid mobile phone contact with a bit of internet, not very much, only enough to use when I am out and about. Are both companies similar in terms of service and fault fixing or is one markedly better? All advice gratefully received, I don't want to enter into a contract that I come to regret. Thank you, Jane M

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Duracell or Turksim for phone contracts?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Maybe best to check the network all the friends you call most regularly are on. It's deffinitely better to call within the same network, and TC have occasional free days within the network.

Check out some of the packages too, the wife has one with about 250 international minutes included.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

brian24001 wrote:Maybe best to check the network all the friends you call most regularly are on. It's deffinitely better to call within the same network, and TC have occasional free days within the network.

Check out some of the packages too, the wife has one with about 250 international minutes included.
How much does she pay. Presume monthly?

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

RAZR63 wrote:
brian24001 wrote:Maybe best to check the network all the friends you call most regularly are on. It's definitely better to call within the same network, and TC have occasional free days within the network.

How much does she pay. Presume monthly?
130tl per month for:
500 mins calls within NC
2 days a week free TCell to TCell
250 Int mins
A load of texts, not sure how many, but thousands.
And a gig of internet.

There is also a similar package for 89tl with a few less allowances.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

NorthCyprusLife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by NorthCyprusLife »

I have a MIDI package with Turkcell (not Turksim!)

89TL monthly
I think its 300SMS 500 mins talktime and 1GB of data

This is only available for contracts and not PAYG, as far as I know

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”