Problem with English Sim Card

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problem with English Sim Card

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

This is definitely not a mobile phone question, but didn't know where else to put the query. My phones have been registered and my Cypriot sim card works in the 3 of them, but not my English sim card. It used to, I have checked the credit, even added another £5.00 to be on the safe side, but it just keeps coming up as Limited service or Emergency calls only. I've asked a couple of other friends who also have English sim cards, and they have the same problem, does anyone know if anything can be done about it. What do people do that come on holiday here and only have English phones with an English sim card?

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problem with English Sim Card

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

I had a dual sim phone with a turkcell and an english virgin chip. All worked well for some time until I lost service on the virgin chip (it still worked in the South) I topped up and made numerous phone calls to virgin and visits to Turkcell all to no avail. I camer to the conclusion that Virgin had no longer got a roaming agreement with Turkcell or Telsim and so it would not work, like happens when you go South. I made a lot of enquiries and it seems that O2, Tesco Virginn and a host of others no longer work in the North. I purchased a PAYG sim from the UK on Vodaphone about 5 months ago. So far this has worked in both the North and South.
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Rafferty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problem with English Sim Card

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Rafferty »

Me too !

I have a UK sim which I use when in the U.K. and a Turkcell sim in another phone here, both iPhone's.

However, my U.K. Sim/phone will not make any outgoing calls or text here in Cyprus. It can receive them though.

I have service, via KKTCELL and have credit.

Have spent a long time in the phone to the U.K. Via Skype and the outcome is there is nothing wrong from their point of view. So there must be something in Cyprus which is affecting the phone usage... weird and frustrating too

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”