New mobile phone

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New mobile phone

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have imported a new phone from a foreign country (i.e. down South) and I know I have to . I register it. Has any gone through this procedure lately? If so do I go to register before going to Turlcell with the SIM card and could you let me know where the office is? I understand there is a sort of Glasses guide that the fee is based on, but if I take invoice to office and show that I purchased it in a Sale,, do you think that will impact on what I pay. Thanks

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New mobile phone

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Hi Sophie, please see details from BRS: http://www.brstrnc.com/index.php/compon ... le-devices.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Thank You Gary and Shirley, most helpful.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks for that G and S. I really can't be bothered, and don't have the time for all that nonsense what a load of old tosh. Anyone want to buy a 6" Alcatel One Touch purchased yesterday and not even out of its box yet.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Sophie , it was not as bad as I expected, This is as it happened today, so smack bang up to date. Second floor above Dominoes Pizzas in Lefkosa. Very helpful guy used to work in Starling and Lemar speaks good English. 5 mins to fill in simple form. Went to the counter next door approx 10 minutes wait. Paid approx 15 TL , they want debit or credit card we had neither.

So the assistant just got some one waiting to put it on their card and we gave them the 15 TL. Then walk approx 30 meters to office next door, ticket system waited 40 minutes , 20 people in front of us, waiting room with seats.

5 minutes in this office and paid duty of 120 TL, based on S.H. price of phone here in TRNC. (30% of value).

But the girl near to us had the latest phone and was quoted 850 TL but advised if she waited until April 1st it would be down to 200 TL.

We then took the form to the Turk-cell Shop on the way back approx 15 minutes and paid 6 TL and assured the phone will be legal and active in 24 hours.

So total spend 141 TL plus travel and 5 hours to do,. Hope this helps.

Regards

Lee.

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ifonly »

JohnnyLee - thank you very much for that helpful update (especially the bit about April 1st --hope its not an April Fool joke !!!).
The only thing i am now unsure of is where is Domino Pizza in Lefkosa ?
I will be going early May so will give an update to this update then - just in case things have changed.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

You are welcome and good luck.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”